by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 15 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala and Stuart Lisulo on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 14 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga and Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Elias Banda on 15 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 14 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
2 burn to death in Luanshya road accidentBy Daniel Chansa on 16 Oct 2019
Two people have been burnt to death after being trapped in a Toyota Regius following a head-on-collision with a Tata truck.
The two have been identified as Vincent Musonda of Chipulukusu, who was the driver of the Toyota Regius Registration number BCC 3074 and Arnold Chinyembo all of Hilcrest in Ndola.
The truck registration number ALF 1607 was being driven by Michael Sakala, 34, who was unhurt and his lorry boy Rogers Kabanda who has been discharged from hospital.
Copperbelt Police Commissioner Charity Katanga confirmed this to News Diggers.
“We had a fatal accident around 10:00 hours today 16th October, in which two vehicles were involved. Involved was a Toyota Regius registration number BCC 3074 which was driven by Vincent Musonda. The accident happened along the Ndola-Luanshya turn off. The accident happened after the driver of the Regius turned and the truck which was going to Luanshya loaded with blocks hit the Regius,” said Katanga.
“The Regius was then trapped under the truck and the truck caught fire. The Regius also caught fire while the two were trapped under in the vehicle. The truck driver was unhurt while his lorryboy had a cut and was rushed to Luanshya Hospital where he was later discharged. The two in the Regius were burnt to death.”
She said two bodies where still trapped by 15:45 hours.Related Items
- How Mushimba influenced UNZA to pass his wife who failed 2 medical courses (8,376 views)
- DEC arrests Amos for corrupt practices (1,802 view)
- I am ready to face DEC, says Amos (1,616 view)
- Court awards K3.3m damages to family of ZAF officer who died in police custody (1,146 view)
- KCM workers, exam pupils hospitalised in Chingola after inhaling toxic gas from Nchanga Mine (1,067 view)
- Chief Mukuni urged people to vote UPND in 2016, reveals Commission of Inquiry
- Enemies want to divide us as we get to 2021 – Lungu
- PF rule has no respect for human life – ZCCB
- Load shedding, kwacha depreciation slashing business performance – BCI
- Govt will get $2.03bn loan from China for Chipata-Serenje Railway project, reveals Minister
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal!
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend