- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
We are not concerned with LAZ attacks – PFBy Stella Goma on 8 Mar 2017
PF Secretary General Davies Mwila says the ruling party is “non concerned” with the harassment that the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) is facing.
In the audio interview below, Mwila distances the Patriotic Front from last week’s attacks at the LAZ secretariat, saying “those were not our members”.
He however said the conduct of the youths should not be tolerated. “We condemn that, there is no need for people to go and start protesting on other people’s office,” said Mwila.
His position is contrary to justice minister Given Lubinda’s statement that people were free to demonstrate against LAZ because it was an association like any other, and that he could not sympathise with LAZ president Linda Kasonde.
Following the protest last week, the LAZ council issued a statement urging Zambians to stand with Kasonde.
“LAZ has noted that personal attacks have been made against the LAZ President during the protests. It must be noted that decisions of the Association are made collectively by the Council of LAZ on behalf of the Association and not by the LAZ President in her personal capacity. LAZ hopes that all well-meaning Zambians will stand in solidarity with LAZ as we seek to uphold the rule of law,” stated the LAZ council.Related ItemsHeadlines
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend