- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
LAZ applies to join Post liquidation caseBy Elias Banda on 20 Mar 2017
THE Law Association of Zambia has applied to join proceedings in which five former Post Newspaper Limited employees and the Zambia Revenue Authority are seeking to liquidate the company.
LAZ president Linda Kasonde stated in an affidavit in support of summons for an order for joinder of a party to the proceedings, that the matter had generated significant media attention and interest in the the general public.
Kasonde indicated that following a meeting that was convened on February 20, it was resolved that the case be investigated in the interest of justice.
She said the association was aware of the preliminary issue raised by the respondents touching on the independence and objectivity of judge Sunday Nkonde which may affect the proper administration of justice.
Kasonde submitted that LAZ was a major stakeholder in administration of justice and that it had sufficient interest in the substance, hearing and determining of the matter.
She stated further that if LAZ was joined to the proceedings, the court would be greatly assisted through the associations’ submissions adding that the petitioners and respondents would not be prejudiced in any way but that justice would be achieved.
“I seek the indulgence of this honorable court to grant this application to enable the Law Association of Zambia to join these proceedings as Amicus Curiae.
Last year, five former Post Newspaper limited employees Roy Haabalu, Abel Mboozi, Mwendalubi Mweene, Bonaventure Bwalya and Andrew Chiwenda, sued the company and sought that it should be placed under liquidation in order for them to recover what it was owing them in unpaid benefits.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend