- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Lusaka woman gets 4 years for stabbing boyfriend to deathBy Diggers Reporter on 4 Jun 2017
A 24-year-old woman of Lusaka’s Emmasadale area has been sentenced to four years simple imprisonment for stabbing her boyfriend to death.
High court judge Mwape Bowa convicted Wendy Kapembwa for manslaughter on Friday.
Kapembwa stabbed her boyfriend Kativia Mwanza with a knife during an argument in Lusaka’s Emmasadale area on July 30, 2016.
Mwanza sustained a deep wound on his lower left side of the chest and died the following day at the University Teaching Hospital where he was rushed to.
In sentencing the convict judge Bowa said she had exercised leniency because Kapembwa did not waste the courts time by readily admitting to the charge.
However the judge Bowa sentenced Kapembwa to four years simple imprisonment saying the court had a duty to step in and send a loud message against the increasing cases of gender based violence.
“The courts have a duty to step in and send a message loud and clear so that the crime can end,” judge Bowa said.
The court observed that there were better ways to resolve conflict than resorting to violence.
“This man was not only personally known to you but he was the father of your child. There are better ways to resolve conflict through communication or better still, people can walk away from potential violence,” judge Bowa said.
“The offence for which you have been convicted carries a possible life sentence of imprisonment. I send you to four years simple imprisonment with effect from July 31, 2016 being your date of arrest.”
Kapembwa was initially charged with murder but the charge was reduced to manslaughter.
About Diggers Reporter
- Zambia finally train in Ndola after 24 hour delay - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt refuses to join Lungu to 2021 eligibility case - 16 Aug 2017
- ConCourt allows inmates to vote - 16 Aug 2017
- Wedson upbeat despite Chipolopolo draw with Bafana - 13 Aug 2017
- Lsk man gets one year for stealing two Bibles - 10 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend