- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
29 sue Kabwe Council over landBy Diggers Reporter on 30 Sep 2017
Bernard Chisanga and 28 others have sued the Kabwe Municipal Council for repossessing their plots without notice.
The plaintiffs claim that in 2014, Chisanga who by then held the position of area councilor advertised commercial plots situated along the prime location of Great North Road.
The plaintiffs state that they applied for the plots and were offered the said piece of land to which they paid offer and development charges.
In a statement of claim dated September 27, Chisanga and 28 others stated that despite the land acquisition being recorded at the council, the authority has started developing the plots without following procedure for compensation and repossession.
The 29 claim that when they asked why their slabs were erased with a grader, the council told them that it was developing the area into a bus station.
They complained that no notification was served on them or any correspondents about the council’s intention to repossess the plots.
The plaintiffs stated that the council had no authority to reenter the said land because such power vested in the Commissioner of Lands.
The 29 accused the Mayor and the Town Clerk of using the land to “borrow heavily” for what they term PPP project.
The Plaintiffs therefore want the Lusaka High Court to order that the reentry of the 26 commercial plots by the council is illegal null and void.
They also want an injunction to restrain the council, its servants or agents from commenting on the matter or issuing misleading statements in the media.
The say the court should stop the council from advertising, selling and developing the land into a transit bus station until the determination of the matter.
The plaintiffs are further demanding for damages of unlawful occupation.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- It’s inhuman for Chanda to undermine HH’s donation of soap, sanitisers – UPND (3,238 views)
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects? (2,724 views)
- UPND blames Nangula loss on COVID-19 (2,319 views)
- Kampyongo's mockery of people on ARVs unacceptable - NAC (2,159 views)
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya (1,729 view)
- COVID-19 is airborne? Why is Ministry of Health misleading us?
- Is Kampyongo suggesting that slim people, like his appointing authority are HIV suspects?
- We’re already on lockdown – Lungu
- Introduce SI to stop landlords from collecting rentals, Changala urges govt
- Why whip patrons if there's no lockdown?
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «April 2020»
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- It’s illegal for police to whip citizens – Mweetwa
- UNZA owes ZRA, others K2.8bn, as audit reveals mismanagement of funds
- PF’s Nangula victory a 2021 sample – Mundubile
- Tutwa refutes UPND’s Bill 10 bribery claims
- We’re considering asking landlords to forego rentals amid COVID-19 – Siliya
- Govt, FRA’s deal with millers failed to cut mealie meal prices – IAPRI
- Habitat urges govt to improve living conditions in unplanned settlements
- SACCORD hails PF, UPND for peaceful Nangula poll
- ZRA’s tax audit on media houses within its mandate but wrongly timed – MISA
- Kamusoko, Mangani on path to recovery
- Govt must carry out robust awareness campaign against COVID-19 – CSPR
- Siwale welcomes FIFA’s intervention in FAZ wrangles
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
[search_popup]Send this to a friend