- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Simbyakula distances himself from election violence documentBy Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017
Former justice minister Ngosa Simbyakula has disowned an alleged Patriotic Front document detailing how the ruling party planned to use violence, tribal division among other things to win the 2016 elections.
This is in a matter in which UPND lawyer Martha Mushipe was charged with seditious practices for being found in possession of the said document which is entitled ‘Strategy of domination by the Patriotic Front against the opposition United Party for National Development 2015 to 2016 and beyond, UPND at crossroads transition or conflict, PF’s use of ethnic divide and rule as a means of maintaining political control in Zambia 2015 to 2016 and beyond’.
When the matter came up before Lusaka magistrate Felix Kaoma today, Dr Simbyakula, who is listed as one of the authors of the said document, said it is fake and it was posted by unknown people on the Zambian Watchdog.
“The document is definitely fake. I didn’t author the document I don’t even know the names of other authors,” said Dr Simbyakula.
He testified that two journalists from Bulletin and Record Magazine, Charles Mafa and David Julian Wightman, had called him over the same document but he told them that it was fake.
Dr Simbyakula said the two journalists told him that that they downloaded the document from the Zambian Watchdog.
And in cross examination, the witness insisted that the document was fake.
Asked as to whether or not what was happening during last year’s general election was not collaborative with the strategy outlined in the document, Dr Simbyakula said that it might have been a coincidence.
He however confirmed to the court that the two journalists had in their possession the document as they downloaded it from internet.
Dr Simbyakula said that he didn’t manage to check the site where the document was as he is not a fan of online publications that propagated false stories as they could end up stressing him.
He said the phenomenon of false news was a danger to society.
Dr Simbyakula also said he was not sure whether the Public Order Act was applied fairly during the last election.
Mushipe is alleged to have been in possession of seditious material between July 1, 2015 and April 11, 2016 in Lusaka jointly and whilst acting together with other unknown persons and without lawful excuse.
The document was authored by Tendai Muduli, Dr Simbyakula and Dymus Mutasa.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,342 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (2,067 views)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,657 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,638 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,042 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend