by Mirriam Chabala on 10 Dec 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 9 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 9 Dec 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 9 Dec 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 9 Dec 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 5 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 4 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 28 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 9 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 9 Dec 2019by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019
Simbyakula distances himself from election violence documentBy Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017
Former justice minister Ngosa Simbyakula has disowned an alleged Patriotic Front document detailing how the ruling party planned to use violence, tribal division among other things to win the 2016 elections.
This is in a matter in which UPND lawyer Martha Mushipe was charged with seditious practices for being found in possession of the said document which is entitled ‘Strategy of domination by the Patriotic Front against the opposition United Party for National Development 2015 to 2016 and beyond, UPND at crossroads transition or conflict, PF’s use of ethnic divide and rule as a means of maintaining political control in Zambia 2015 to 2016 and beyond’.
When the matter came up before Lusaka magistrate Felix Kaoma today, Dr Simbyakula, who is listed as one of the authors of the said document, said it is fake and it was posted by unknown people on the Zambian Watchdog.
“The document is definitely fake. I didn’t author the document I don’t even know the names of other authors,” said Dr Simbyakula.
He testified that two journalists from Bulletin and Record Magazine, Charles Mafa and David Julian Wightman, had called him over the same document but he told them that it was fake.
Dr Simbyakula said the two journalists told him that that they downloaded the document from the Zambian Watchdog.
And in cross examination, the witness insisted that the document was fake.
Asked as to whether or not what was happening during last year’s general election was not collaborative with the strategy outlined in the document, Dr Simbyakula said that it might have been a coincidence.
He however confirmed to the court that the two journalists had in their possession the document as they downloaded it from internet.
Dr Simbyakula said that he didn’t manage to check the site where the document was as he is not a fan of online publications that propagated false stories as they could end up stressing him.
He said the phenomenon of false news was a danger to society.
Dr Simbyakula also said he was not sure whether the Public Order Act was applied fairly during the last election.
Mushipe is alleged to have been in possession of seditious material between July 1, 2015 and April 11, 2016 in Lusaka jointly and whilst acting together with other unknown persons and without lawful excuse.
The document was authored by Tendai Muduli, Dr Simbyakula and Dymus Mutasa.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Vedanta gets injunction against Milingo over sale of mining land - 30 Nov 2019
- Lightning strike kills 4 Kawambwa family members - 17 Nov 2019
- Police nab HIV positive maid for breast feeding employer’s baby - 17 Nov 2019
- ZAMTEL urges early introduction of savings habit to children - 1 Nov 2019
- Byta FM partners with govt to fight climate change - 15 Oct 2019
- One bullet can kill me, you don't need to send cadres, Nkomeshya tells govt (3,570 views)
- Sorry PF, not enough pee to put out Bill 10 (1,964 view)
- I've no time to discuss Lungwangwa, Kasonso - HH (1,848 view)
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay - Sacika (1,049 view)
- PF syphoning money from KCM to fund party activities - Kambwili (1,002 view)
- PRESIDENTIAL HUMILITY: A HUMBLE RESPONSE TO SOME NASTY PREJUDICE
- Ba Davies Mwila boss, nga imwe? How did you lose Chipili seat?
- PF hasn’t told me about any ultimatum – Chungu
- Homosexuality exists in Zambia, no one chooses to be born gay – Sacika
- Heightened corruption perception influencing drop in FDI – Saasa
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- I'll retain power in 2021 because I'm humble - Lungu
- A bitter sweet message from the U.S Ambassador on gay crimes, hypocrisy
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Stop dividing us, stay out of politics, Lungu tells clergy
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend