- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
More people have brought evidence against ZRA – SaviourBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 8 Apr 2017
UPP leader Saviour Chishimba says more people and organisations have submitted more corruption evidence to him against the Zambia Revenue Authority and have shown interest to join the matter.
In a statement, Chishimba said the K100 billion lawsuit filed by the Revenue Authority was a hallucination.
“The K100 billion lawsuit is a hallucination and is not necessarily against me, but the United Progressive People (UPP). Let me seize this opportunity to thank the many Zambians and organisations that are pouring in messages asking to join the proceedings,” Chishimba stated.
“Many Zambians and organizations have come with their own evidence and serious issues on ZRA that will make the lawsuit a classic example of how to deal with reckless statutory bodies.”
Chishimba also said his party had already prepared the response, which would be submitted to court immediately the ZRA writ was served on him.
“As we wait for the writ, we have gone ahead to prepare the response, which will be filed into court immediately the writ is served. Therefore, rejoice and do not let your hearts be troubled. We know what we said and we have every piece of hard evidence to adduce before the courts of law. Enough is enough.” Chishimba added.
“Zambia is bleeding due to massive corruption in all levels of government, and with or without the ZRA lawsuit, the prosecution of each and every thief in government or public body is coming – take notice and be sternly warned.”
He further warned that he would apply for warrants of arrest and begin to arrest every corrupt government official as a way of bringing justice to the country.
“We shall apply for warrants of arrest and begin to arrest them so that they are brought to justice and demand #BringBackOurMoney! It will be tit for tart, inch for an inch, foot for foot, eye for an eye, iron for iron, and fire for fire,” Chishimba said.
“It would be foolishness and irresponsible to sit on the heap of evidence and not do anything about it.”
Chishimba also warned that he would later follow up his party’s demand for a tribunal to probe Agriculture Minister Dora Siliya so that she could explain her role and that of President Edgar Lungu in facilitating corrupt practices in the Zambia-Malawi K345 million maize exportation scandal.
“We are systematically monitoring the use of public resources in government and all the public bodies in Zambia. It is the people’s money and the people’s right to know,” said Chishimba.
“The corruption in the private sector is also worrisome and we are beginning to deal with specific cases that affect Zambian workers. We are starting with the massive evidence in our possession on Pick n Pay this weekend.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer - 19 Oct 2017
- Pastors pray for Lungu: “The President shouldn’t die” - 18 Oct 2017
- Opposition shuns National Day of Prayer - 18 Oct 2017
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
- Chisamba woman kills step daughter, buries her at home - 17 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend