- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Sarcasm: PF says it’s the right time for God to transform HH in prisonBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 May 2017
PF Member of the Central Committee and chairperson for media and publicity, Frank Bwalya says the condition in which UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema is in while in prison is an appropriate time for God to transform him.
Bwalya made the statement today against HH who has been in detention for 30 days.
“The condition Mr Hichilema and some of his supporters find themselves in could be the appropriate situation for God to touch him in a special way and make him a national asset in promoting peace, forgiveness and reconciliation in Zambia while still striving to be President one day. We have noticed that calls to pray for the detained United Party for National Development (UPND) leader Mr Hakainde Hichilema, including the one I made on a Lusaka based radio station recently are receiving mixed feelings with some people opposing such prayers on grounds that Mr Hichilema has been refusing to take part in national prayers,” Bwalya said.
“Against this background, we wish to put it on record that our party sincerely welcomes calls to pray for the detained UPND leader. We believe in the power of prayer and that God still works miracles of transforming people in the same way he made Saul become Paul the instrument of evangelisation. Therefore we wish to dissociate our party from sentiments that Zambians should not pray for Mr Hichilema since he has consistently refused to join Zambians in praying for peace, reconciliation and unity such as we have been having on 18th October after President Edgar Chagwa Lungu promulgated the National Day of Prayer.”
He said it would be a security risk for PF members to converge and pray for HH, but advised them to pray in spirit.
“Acknowledging the fact that it may be a security risk for our members to join public prayers for Mr Hichilema, we instead urge all our members to join such prayers in spirit and earnestly pray for him. Doing so will go a long way to demonstrate the true Christian spirituality of praying for one another especially during trying moments,” said Bwalya.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- WHO, UNAIDS support mandatory HIV testing - 18 Aug 2017
- Cattle disease breaks out in Sinazongwe - 17 Aug 2017
- PF donates K60,000 towards rebuilding City Market - 17 Aug 2017
- HH’s release not a result of international pressure – Kampamba - 17 Aug 2017
- HH release in public interest – Scotland - 16 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend