- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
HH addresses mammoth rally in Itezhi-tezhiBy Mirriam Chabala on 13 Sep 2017
UPND president Hakainde Hichilema yesterday addressed a mammoth rally in Itezhi-tezhi district where he went to drum up support for the party Council Chairperson candidate in Mbila ward.
Thousands of people thronged to the rally site as soon as Hichilema’s entourage arrived.
The opposition leader told residents that he would use his days of incarceration to turn around the country’s future, bring about economic emancipation and good governance in Zambia.
“Do not lose Hope because help is on the way. The UPND is coming to turn things around and restore order in the country. We will deliver you from this authoritarian government,” Hichilema’s deputy press secretary Brian Mwiinga quoted the president as saying.
He said he would not let the people down as he was a democrat, adding that there was an urgent need to stop any dictatorial tendencies that he said had made headways in the country.
Hichilema also told the residents that all matters before the courts of law would not be withdrawn so that they could be used as basis in setting a good precedence.
“We in the UPND do not support the breakdown in the rule of law and as firm democrats, we will ensure that there is no interference in any court matter which we may directly have filed in,” Hichilema said.
He also stated that he learnt with worry while in prison that the Food Reserve Agency had decided to buy maize at a very lower prices but reminded the country to always see through those who only want to cheat citizens during campaigns.
Later after the rally, Hichilema posted a message to thank his supporters.
“Thank you Itezhi Itezhi District, Central Province for coming out in thousands to hear our message of renewed hope and progress. We were accompanied by ADD President Charles Milupi, UPND National Chairperson Mutale Nalumango and others,” said Hichilema.
“We mean business and can assure you of a greater tomorrow. We know farmers are crying, students are crying, youths are crying, just like the way our God, Almighty, heard our cry in prayer when we were unjustly and brutally arrested and detained, our God will again hear us, for He has never let his people down.”
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt reluctance to fund FIC unbelievable – Mulongoti - 22 Jan 2018
- Mongu UPND officials defect to NDC - 22 Jan 2018
- Ethiopian Airlines will be the real beneficiary of Zambia Airways – Chibamba - 22 Jan 2018
- Closing FIC will not erase corruption evidence – NDC - 20 Jan 2018
- Cadres are running the country – HH - 19 Jan 2018
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend