- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Start mobilising the party; anything can happen, HH tells UPND membersBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Nov 2017
UPND Leader Hakainde Hichilema has urged his supporters to start mobilising the party on the ground while he focuses on the dialogue process with the ruling party, saying anything can happen at any time.
Speaking during the launch of the UPND card renewal exercise in Mandevu yesterday, Hichilema told his supporters that everybody was his party’s campaign manager.
“We want to restore the rule of law, we want to restore Human Rights, we want the police to stop brutalising citizens, those guns are ours, they are not for policemen no. we don’t want PF cadres to be beating people, we want an independent Electoral Commission, we want those in prisons to be released, and the list goes on and on, that is what we will be doing in the dialogue process. So us will focus on the dialogue process while you, you must focus on mobilising the party on the ground because anything can happen at any time,” HH said.
“When you see the man starting to warn judges, he knows what is inside there, it’s a known issue. So since the issue is known, if I can be on the Copperbelt for the dialogue process, you should be mobilising the party on the ground because anything can happen anytime.”
The opposition leader said Zambians in North Western Province showed their anger to President Lungu on his recent visit there because the Head of State rigged the 2016 elections.
Did you see what happened in Kenya? Now someone is scared and warning judges because he knows what is in the papers, you think he doesn’t know? He knows. That is why when he sleeps, he starts dreaming ‘you Hakainde what are you doing in state house’. He goes to Solwezi and wants to do a moving coffin, people were shouting forward forward. Then he gets upset and says ‘I know you people here don’t like me’ and the people told him ‘yes we don’t want you because you store HH’s votes’. Even you, can you celebrate when someone is stealing your votes? Can you celebrate when there is poverty in your homes?asked HH.
“If there is a time when Zambians have suffered, it is under this leadership. There is no money in homes, everything is scarce, there is no food. Now please don’t be upset with HH, that anger should go to the PF government which is stealing money, that is where thieves are. So everybody is a campaign manager for UPND from today.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Witch hunt leads Chipili brothers into fierce battle - 20 Nov 2017
- K4bn debt owed to contractors worries minister - 20 Nov 2017
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing - 18 Nov 2017
- Kabimba mocks new socialist party: “what will they do which Rainbow is not doing?” - 18 Nov 2017
- Cop in hot soup for taking nude pictures of female detainees - 17 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend