by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 22 May 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 May 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 22 May 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 May 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 May 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 May 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 18 May 2019by Felix Kashweka on 16 May 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 26 Apr 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 23 Apr 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Guest Digger on 22 May 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 21 May 2019by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 19 May 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 16 May 2019
Brave Mweetwa resigns, but says he remains committed to PFBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017
Former Siavonga District Commissioner Brave Mweetwa has resigned as Patriotic Front District Chairman for that area following alleged personal differences with his successor Lovemore Kanyama.
And in an interview with New Diggers! Mweetwa confirmed his resignation but could not state the reasons why he decided to resign.
He said that he rendered his confidential resignation letter to the provincial authorities.
Mweetwa further said he wants to concentrate on his new position of PF member of the National Youth Executive which he was recently appointed.
“I relinquished my position and tried to concentrate on the national level because I am a member of National Youth Executive Committee of PF chaired by Honourable Stephen Kampyongo. So I have got another responsibility but the reasons why I relinquished to pave way for another person to manage the party at district level, those are details which are confidential within the circles of PF and these details can only be availed to the public or to media by the Secretary General’s office or by the provincial Chairman’s office. But for me, its all confidential and all what is going on in the social media, I am following it, but its all fake,’ Mweetwa said.
He said there were no issues between him and the current DC who is also his successor.
“Otherwise me I am a true member of the Patriotic Front who has never joined any political party in my life so I know how to deal with internal issues and issues that are suppose to be for the public consumption. There is nothing between me and DC Siavonga, thats a lie. Don’t believe in social media.
And Siavonga District Commissioner Lovemore Kanyama equally denied having any personal issues with Mweetwa and said the two were in good books.
“I don’t think there is anything between me and him. What he did to resign from that position as District Chairperson, the man has been given another position at the national level. So him he wants to concentrate with the national level position where he has been appointed. So it has nothing to do with the DC or him that maybe we are fighting each other, there is nothing like that,” said Kanyama.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- PF political architecture a danger to peace, stability – CSOs - 22 May 2019
- Attacking church won’t help Zambia – Mambo - 22 May 2019
- ACC arrests 2 civil servants for theft involving K18,000 - 22 May 2019
- Arrest free fall of kwacha before it creates inflation crisis – Hamududu - 21 May 2019
- Criminals using Wina’s name to swindle people, warns police - 21 May 2019
- Gunshots fired as KCM liquidator storms Chingola to takeover assets
- Chomba Kaoma reports Kaizer to police for slapping him
- CK vows to prove Mwila hired someone to write his G12 exams
- I didn't believe mum when she said 'hubby' is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Deputy minister positions meant to weaken UPND
- CBU failed to remit K686 million to ZRA, NAPSA in 2017 – Auditor General
- I didn’t believe mum when she said ‘hubby’ is my brother, incest accused tells court
- Lusaka man gets 8 months for hitting wife with pot
- PF political architecture a danger to peace, stability – CSOs
- Gary challenges Sakwiba to name UPND MPs who were texting him at NDF
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend