- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Brave Mweetwa resigns, but says he remains committed to PFBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Nov 2017
Former Siavonga District Commissioner Brave Mweetwa has resigned as Patriotic Front District Chairman for that area following alleged personal differences with his successor Lovemore Kanyama.
And in an interview with New Diggers! Mweetwa confirmed his resignation but could not state the reasons why he decided to resign.
He said that he rendered his confidential resignation letter to the provincial authorities.
Mweetwa further said he wants to concentrate on his new position of PF member of the National Youth Executive which he was recently appointed.
“I relinquished my position and tried to concentrate on the national level because I am a member of National Youth Executive Committee of PF chaired by Honourable Stephen Kampyongo. So I have got another responsibility but the reasons why I relinquished to pave way for another person to manage the party at district level, those are details which are confidential within the circles of PF and these details can only be availed to the public or to media by the Secretary General’s office or by the provincial Chairman’s office. But for me, its all confidential and all what is going on in the social media, I am following it, but its all fake,’ Mweetwa said.
He said there were no issues between him and the current DC who is also his successor.
“Otherwise me I am a true member of the Patriotic Front who has never joined any political party in my life so I know how to deal with internal issues and issues that are suppose to be for the public consumption. There is nothing between me and DC Siavonga, thats a lie. Don’t believe in social media.
And Siavonga District Commissioner Lovemore Kanyama equally denied having any personal issues with Mweetwa and said the two were in good books.
“I don’t think there is anything between me and him. What he did to resign from that position as District Chairperson, the man has been given another position at the national level. So him he wants to concentrate with the national level position where he has been appointed. So it has nothing to do with the DC or him that maybe we are fighting each other, there is nothing like that,” said Kanyama.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- K1,500 surcharge for CBU students a fundraising venture – Kabwita - 12 Aug 2019
- PF has opened overnight street vending along Lusaka’s Lumumba Rd – Moonga - 12 Aug 2019
- Oasis Forum calls for withdrawal of Constitution bill - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs about US $660bn annually to achieve SDGs – UNCA - 9 Aug 2019
- Africa needs home-grown solutions for its challenges – Lungu - 8 Aug 2019
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,463 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,055 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (923 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (895 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (790 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend