- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Kasama MP vows to take impeachment bribe but vote otherwiseBy Joseph Mwenda on 3 Apr 2018
Kasama Central PF member of parliament Kelvin Sampa says if the opposition UPND offers him money to vote for the impeachment motion, he will gladly accept the bribe, but vote otherwise.
Speaking when he featured on UNZA Radio’s Lusaka Star program, Monday, Sampa said the motion was an academic exercise and doubted if it would be brought to the House for debate.
“I can tell you that the National Assembly has all the reasons to receive the motion. They received it but that doesn’t mean that once a notion has been received then that’s it, we’ll move and start debating. We have not even started debating that motion, it has come and it needs to be put on an order paper first,” Sampa explained.
“But we were so surprised where people got this idea and became excited through social media and started saying ‘tomorrow is the big day because the impeachment motion is coming up’, no that’s not how this flow. You know, not until you are elected and you work in that House, that’s when you can know what happens in Parliament. The beauty of technology nowadays is that even you people, if you want to see what is appearing on the order paper of Parliament, you can just log in to the website of Parliament, you will be able to see what will be discussed the following day.
He said no bribe would work to convince PF MPs to vote for the motion.
“Well to be honest with you, these are politics, people can say whatsoever. But if they had come to me, I would just chew their money, let them bring that money I chew it. You see, the goodness about such kind of money, nobody can take you anywhere. Once you get that money and eat it, you are not bound to any prosecution in that no one can take you anywhere. That’s free money. So if that is really happening, they are trading on shaky grounds. You know these things, we should not even waste time to talk about them, because for me when I look at it, it’s just an academic exercise. Of course political parties also want to be recognized in a way, this is not the only thing they are doing, we are very much aware that even other people like Nevers Mumba, why has he gone back to the pulpit? We know that’s another strategy, thinking that they can lure some other churches and all these things, we know, we are ten steps ahead of them. So we are not surprised when all these things are happening,” Sampa said.
He claimed that the PF was delivering development across the country in accordance to the campaign promises it made.
“All these political parties have seen the deliverance of the PF and how beautifully we are handling the situation of our country. That’s why you are seeing a lot of political parties now mushrooming, for us, we are not even worried or concerned because we know what we have been telling our people, we are delivering. Some of the things may take a bit of time but one thing you must know is that we are going to deliver and we’ll ensure that our manifesto and our words that we have been preaching will get to our electorates. So with the mushrooming of so many political parties that is nothing for us to worry about. We are all in the comfort zone because we are performing according to what we told the people of Zambia,” he said.
Sampa also castigated individuals who left PF and start accusing government of being corrupt
“Certain people have said certain things but they were part and parcel of the government, others would want to take advantage. In fact, us Zambians are very good people because there is an oath of secrecy. When you hold certain offices and when you hold certain positions, up to certain years you are not Allowed to divulge any sort of information that you were privy to. But you find that here in Zambia somebody that took oath within one year, you flip, you even start saying me when I was in cabinet…, how?” he asked.
Meanwhile, Sampa justified the expulsion of Cuban ambassador to Zambia after he attended the launch of the Socialist Party
“Zambia is a sovereign state, we must respect that fact. Even you, you cannot go to another country and start involving yourself in the political situation of another country that does not work. And being a diplomat, that person knows the etiquette and the agreements between governments, he knows, there is no way you can pretend that you don’t know these things. Look at the UK over the case of that nerve poison to the former Russian spy, look at what has happened, that already abrogates the country’s regulations,” said Sampa.
And what has started happening? Most of the diplomats from Russia are being sent away and this has also trickled to other countries as well. So let us not be turned, when Zambia does something we start saying it’s a political thing, no it’s not a political thing, there are agreements between nations, and Zambia being a sovereign state must be respected. We must respect the rules and laws of the country. There is no way you can come as a foreigner and start entertaining yourself to the politics of this country, that’s impossible!”
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Negotiate less chaotic exit with Vedanta before arbitration kicks in – Chipimo tips govt - 26 Jul 2019
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo - 19 Jul 2019
- Chaotic takeover, planned sale of KCM will have serious legal implications on Zambia – Chipimo - 17 Jul 2019
- It will be contempt if govt sells KCM before court process – Liquidator - 12 Jul 2019
- There’s no link between China debt relief and KCM – Musukwa - 2 Jul 2019
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (1,656 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,583 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,219 view)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,122 view)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (939 views)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend