by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
SA taxi drivers stone Zambian to deathBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2018
South African taxi and minibus drivers have stoned to death a 28-year-old Zambian national after mistaking him for their west-African enemy in a town called Klerksdorp.
According to a statement issued by First Secretary for Press and Public Relations at the Zambian High Commission in South Africa Naomi Nyawali, the deceased identified as Rabson Zulu was first stabbed by a group of over 30 drivers who mistook him for another foreign national whom they accused of murder.
“Rabson Zulu, holder of passport number 528427 was stabbed with a knife before being stoned to death together with four (4) other foreign nationals by a group of over 30 drivers in collaboration with the local community. According to the information made available to the Zambian High Commission in Pretoria, Mr. Zulu was murdered over the weekend in a case of alleged mistaken identity at a tuck shop located in Pinasdorp area where he had gone to buy washing powder to clean the car for his relative who he was visiting. It is alleged that the enraged mob of taxi and minibus drivers together with local people wanted to carry out a revenge attack on an identified foreign national of West African origin for allegedly killing one of the taxi drivers who was accused of raping his employee,” Nyawali stated.
Nyawali revealed that after realizing that they had killed a wrong person, the mob fled the scene and no arrests had been made.
“After realising that they had killed an innocent person, the mob fled the scene with no arrests made so far. Mr. Zulu’s mortal remains have since been deposited at Tsepong government mortuary awaiting repatriation to Zambia. His death comes barely few weeks after another Zambian national, Kenneth Sikopo was shot dead in cold blood in Germiston in the same country,” disclosed Nyawali.
And Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa Emmanuel Mwamba has expressed sadness over the incident.
Mwamba has since called on police to carry out thorough investigations to ensure that Zulu’s murderers face justice, and has further wished the bereaved family and the entire Zambian community in South Africa God’s strength during the difficult time.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu forcing self-driven Constitution on Zambians – Milupi - 20 Sep 2019
- We’re poorly funded to fight all corruption – ACC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambia plans maize exports to DRC - 19 Sep 2019
- Zambeef driver commits suicide - 19 Sep 2019
- 2020 budget should clear K1.2 billion owed to medical suppliers, demands PSZ - 18 Sep 2019
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service (3,695 views)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (1,150 view)
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (905 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock (802 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (581 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend