by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Opposition alliance is going nowhere, charges UPPZBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 31 Dec 2018
UPPZ president Charles Chanda has charged that the newly-formed opposition alliance is going nowhere, warning that if one party falls, then all will fall together.
And Chanda claims that there is a hidden printing press in the country which government is using to print ballot papers for ‘ghost voters’.
Speaking when he featured on Chat Back programme on Radio Christian Voice, Thursday, Chanda also argued that political parties that do not participate in local government or parliamentary elections should forget about forming government.
“If you narrow down all the opposition, and you say: ‘you are going to have one presidential candidate,’ and of course, everybody knows who is going to be…if you did that, you don’t need a prophet, you don’t even need a witch doctor to tell you who is going to be the presidential candidate. Even if you are physically not able to see, you can know that in this alliance, this is the one to be the president, but that’s not the issue,” Chanda said.
“The issue here is, when we do that, we are shooting ourselves in the foot because suppose you now have all the opposition to become one, is that not the same spirit of one-party rule? That’s the rule. You need to allow people with their various views because that’s how we can be able to form a better society. So, if out of 10 there is one party, which God wants to remove, it means that all the 10 of you will fall, and you will never rise again! I want to avoid that. All I am saying is that, after the first round [of election], let us gather together and then see who we can work with. I am not a prophet of doom, but you will remember that I was saying this thing you are calling alliance is going nowhere!”
He then alleged that there was a printing press kept at a secret location used to print ballot papers for ghost voters.
“I want to also say that in this country, are you aware that we have a machine that prints ballot papers and it’s not at ECZ? Is ECZ aware that there is a machine in this country that prints ballot papers? The question comes in [to say] who is using that machine? And I even know where the machine is. You can come and pick me [and] I will take you where the machine is. So, I am saying here that there are things that are wrong and we need to correct them,” Chanda charged.
“You can’t be denying other political parties permits to campaign and then [at the same time] you claim to be free and fair. So, the language you have been hearing from ECZ saying the elections were free and fair, that is an ‘auto-pilot’ kind of recorded systems at ECZ. They just press it [at] every election, but we need a change!”
He challenged political parties in a habit of only waiting for general elections to start participating now.
“And I want to challenge these other political parties [that] I might be, maybe the third youngest political party in this country, [but] some political parties are not participating in elections. You need to start participating; don’t wait for the general elections and you expect a miracle, it doesn’t work like that! Don’t expect to become (Republican) President when you can’t even attempt to have a parliamentary seat and you want to become president, in which country are you going to become president? Not in Zambia! You need to get involved so that you can be exposed, and then, once you are exposed to some of these methods, you now want to fight it,” he said.
He further encouraged politicians to avoid practising politics of insults.
“People have been so silent, the politicians we have in this country are so timid, all they know are insults, [but] it’s not the insults we need. Let’s gather facts and use those facts to correct this country. Insults cannot make you a president no matter how perfect you are in insults. We need to change our way of doing politics, we need to offer checks and balances. Where things are wrong, and you have evidence, bring out that evidence,” Chanda stressed.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- UTH hikes user fees - 14 Oct 2019
- Shang’ombo MP goes on hunger strike at Parley in protest against PF - 14 Oct 2019
- 51 mysterious houses’ case not closed until owners are found, Wina tells Parley - 14 Oct 2019
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief - 14 Oct 2019
- Gun-toting cadres have usurped police powers – Fr Cleophas - 14 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,094 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,144 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,061 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,059 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,017 view)
- ECZ’s failure to ban violent parties is killing people
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption – Kambwili
- ECZ CEO explains why no party was disqualified despite violence in Kaoma
- Nkombo wonders how “inflicting misery on people” will help Lungu win 2021
- PF has been lying on Sinking Fund reserves – Kakubo
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend