- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Corruption is the staple food for PF – East UPNDBy Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 1 Feb 2019
Sinda District UPND chairperson James Banda says corruption is in the Patriotic Front’s blood because they live on the vice and use it to advance their political agenda.
In an interview, Banda accused the PF of corrupting village headmen in Chindwale Ward of Katete with a bicycle so that the village headmen convinces subjects to vote for the ruling party in the upcoming ward election slated for February 28.
He lamented that distribution of materials by PF officials, such as bicycles during election campaigns, had become the norm as a means to persuade the electorate to vote for them.
“We have reliable information of what is happening in Chindwale Ward of Katete where our friends, the PF, have started distributing bicycles to traditional leaders. Now, before campaigns, they never thought to empower them with transport; why consider them now? This is a clear indication of corruption because the idea behind is for the village headmen to connive [with] their subjects to vote for PF on election day as a way to challenge UPND,” Banda claimed.
He explained that the PF were in a habit of corrupting various stakeholders regardless of whether or not the environment was conducive enough for them to succeed legitimately.
“You can’t ask me what do I think is the reason behind the bicycle distribution to village headmen. The answer is straight forward. Corruption is the answer! Corruption if you don’t know is in the blood stream of the PF party and its government. They feed on it, they live on it, they sleep on it, they dream of it. Anything which has a PF label, corruption is in the centre! This is the reason why even a place where the environment is okay for them, the atmosphere is good for them, but they will still practice ‘Chiphuphu’; it’s the staple food of our colleagues, but that will not take them anywhere because their days are numbered. In UPND we say ‘tsiku lakufa mkhwele mitengo yamatelera’ (on the day of a monkey’s death, trees become slippery). All their tactics will finish since whatever they do in private is brought on the open,” Banda said.
He cautioned traditional leaders to realize that their subjects don’t feed from their homes, hence they should not mislead them after receiving bribes from the PF.
“Fear of UPND has caused our colleagues to engage themselves in a lot of uncalled-for activities. They are scared, they are afraid to the level that they don’t want to hear the name of UPND due to its support it has gained countrywide. So, let people exercise their rights by choosing the candidate of their choice than imposing decisions on them! So, we are sounding a warning to the village headmen to receive the bicycles, but do justice to their subjects because elections come and go, but relationships remain intact,” advised Banda.Related Items
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,270 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,930 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,605 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,026 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend