by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
NDF is like choosing a preferred way of being raped – AKABy Thomas Mulenga on 14 May 2019
Veteran politician Akashambatwa Mbikusita Lewanika says accepting the resolutions of the National Dialogue Forum (NDF) is like looking for a preferred way of being raped.
And Lewanika says manipulation of the Republican Constitution is a historical challenge, which dates back to 1969 when people voted in favour of the referendum.
In a statement, Lewanika stated that merely complaining over any of the proposed Bills being adopted by the NDF would mean that people are legitimising the process.
“I would not bother debating any of the reported proposals…the whole process is citizen disempowering. It must be wholly and totally rejected regardless of what changes or retentions are proposed to the Constitution. If you entertain any of it, you are accepting it! Crying over bits and pieces of proposals whose very process is fundamentally anti-democratic is like looking for a preferred way of being raped! And you are (part of) the problem and undermining the necessary revolutionary solution,” Lewanika stated.
He stated that manipulation of the Republican Constitution remained a historical challenge, which dated back to 1969 when people voted in favour of the referendum.
“Do those crying over this, and that of what is proposed for piece-meal, selective and self-interested constitution amending realise that, this is the fault of Zambians who voted ‘yes’ in the 1969 referendum? This ‘yes’ is what has licensed the frequent and endless mutilation of the Constitution ever in direction and consolidation of personalised political leadership as well as State capture by ruling parties and erosion of political rights. Every province except Barotse Province voted ‘YES!’ Those who had foresight to resist have been condemned and are never listened to; those who engineered the manipulation that has led to the pit are the personalities worshiped as heroes and freedom fighters and sole nationalists whose empty and false slogans and manipulative propaganda continued to be shouted,” stated Lewanika.
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,577 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,546 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,421 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,237 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,127 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend