- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
UPND enjoys ‘punching holes on Lungu’, naya kumbuyo- ChalikosaBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2019
I am grateful to His Excellency President Edgar Chagwa Lungu for his emotional resilience to hardcore critics; punching holes left, right, centre and in the case of UPND, punching nayakumbuyo, Works and Supply Minister Sylvia Chalikosa said in Parliament, Tuesday.
And Chalikosa says President Lungu’s call for citizens to claim their identity does not mean that people should invite domestication of foreign cultures like homosexuality.
Chalikosa said this in Parliament, Tuesday, when she debated the 2020 national budget speech which was presented by her Finance counterpart Dr Bwalya Ng’andu.
“Madam speaker, I am grateful to His Excellency the President of the Republic of Zambia Dr Edgar Chagwa Lungu for his emotional resilience to hard core critics, punching holes left, right, centre and in the case of UPND, punching naya kumbuyo (doggy style sex position),” Chalikosa said.
But deputy speaker of the National Assembly Catherine Namugala asked her to withdraw her statement saying the nation expected better from her.
“Honourable Minister of Works and Supply, the House and the nation expects more than that from you as the minister of government. Withdraw that which you said in vernacular and continue [with your debate],” ordered Namugala.
And in withdrawing her statement, Chalikosa said it was just a figure of speech.
“Madam speaker, I withdraw. I was simply doing a figure of speech where you punch holes left, right, and centre,” she said.
Meanwhile, Chalikosa said Zambians should not endorse homosexual tendencies.
“The 2020 national budget spells out policies and strategies for stabilizing the economy which will spur domestic economic development of our country. And this calls for prudent management of the limited resources and adherence to the implementation of priority programmes in the 2020 budget as this will contribute to the realization of the aspirations of the vision 2030 and developmental objectives of the 7thNDP . Madam speaker, the president has called upon us to work together as a people and this calls for us to stand tall and declare our identity as a people. This identity surely does not invite domesticating foreign cultures through appending signatures to organizations such as the Africa Liberal Network that endorses homosexuality tendencies. We as Zambians are Christians. We as Zambians do not subscribe to accepting sexual preferences against the order of nature. No madam speaker,” Chalikosa said.
And in clear reference to the UPND, Chalikosa said some political parties in the country thrived on violence.
“I fully agree with the Minister of Finance as he outlines the 2020 budget focusing national priorities towards stimulating the domestic economy. Madan speaker before I go on, I would like to make just a few comments on the allocation to the Public Order and safety which is about 3.8 per cent of the total budget, a little over K4 billion. As I make reference to the significance of this budget which I feel should have been increased, it’s regrettable that we had to experience electoral violence yet again in the Kaoma by election. It was totally uncalled for and totally unnecessary. And for this, I wish to convey my sincere condolences to the families of those that lost their beloved ones both through political violence as well as other incidences of traffic accidents and so on. Madam speaker, it is a well known fact that some political parties thrive on chaos, and the chaos displayed on that afternoon of the burial of one of the cadres that was lost is something that cannot be condoned. It takes away our values as Africans in giving respect to the dead,” said Chalikosa.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Opposition Alliance settling for HH as 2021 candidate - 6 Feb 2020
- Wynter is lying, govt didn’t sneak any clause into Bill 10 – Tutwa - 3 Feb 2020
- UPND is just eating HH’s money, not campaigning in Chilubi – PF - 3 Feb 2020
- If they’re not paid by 15th, lecturers free to insult govt – Mushimba - 3 Feb 2020
- DMMU approves 200tns of relief food for Feira - 3 Feb 2020
- Court halts Kingsland City construction after Lungu Commissions project (8,170 views)
- GBM escapes grilling on radio show (7,082 views)
- Lungu wants Kambwili back in PF, claims GBM (4,612 views)
- More die from mob justice as gassing spreads countrywide (3,140 views)
- I'm not aware of my dismissal - Kashala (2,611 views)
- Lungu wants Kambwili back in PF, claims GBM
- Enjoy the sweet, but remember Guy Scott who sweated for it
- Fire tenders can't fix Lusaka floods, we need heads that can think
- Kalusha and three others disqualified from contesting FAZ presidency
- Lusaka in chaos after gassing, solders deployed to stop riots
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site! wpDiscuz
- State involved in gassing – HH
- Lungu extols cordial Zambia-Russia relations
- Findlay asks court to ignore Kambwili’s application to have lawsuit dismissed
- Zesco manager narrates how they installed electricity to “Chimese’s 9 Ibex Hill flats”
- Unruly PF cadres disrupt LAZ Bill 10 discussion
- Nyimba residents gut police post after cops rescue gassing suspect from lynching
- Citizens take law in their hands when they’ve no confidence in State Police
- Lubinda trashes police statement on Arthur Wina
- Court halts Kingsland City construction after Lungu Commissions project
- It’s an offence for mines not to produce according to their mine plans – Musukwa
- GBM hallucinating, I haven’t given conditions to go back to PF – CK
- GBM escapes grilling on radio show
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend