Zanaco FC coach Mumamba Numba says he has not been offered any contact extension despite his team’s superb start in Super Division League.
Numba was given a three-match ultimatum early this year by the Zanaco board to deliver in accordance with the expectations or face the sack.
His team has since gone on to win the first two matches convincingly by four goals to one against Red Arrows and by five goals to two against Lusaka Dynamos on Sunday.
However, the former Chipolopolo international told Goal Diggers! that there had been no talks with the board yet regarding contracts extension following the perfect start.
In an interview, he said he does not know whether the board would extend his contract or not.
“We haven’t signed any new contracts. The contracts that we have are the very old ones and I think, and I know that they are performance-based contracts. We signed them some years back and we have not signed any other yet. So, there is nothing new on the table for us. We haven’t signed any contracts, but we know that the ones we signed are performance-based. Yes, so, we haven’t signed any new contracts apart from the old ones we signed,” Numba said.
Numba was appointed Zanaco coach in January, 2015, with the club going on to win the Super League in 2016.
He was, however, under fire following his team’s poor performance in the 2018 League campaign.