- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
PF didn’t send KBF to impeach Kasonde – LubindaBy Joseph Mwenda on 3 May 2017
In this audio, Justice minister Given Lubinda has challenged PF lawyer Kelvin Bwalya Fube to name the politicians in the ruling party who tasked him to stop the LAZ executive from issuing negative statements against the government.
Last week, KBF told his fellow lawyers during a forum at Chrismar Hotel, that senior politicians in PF tasked him to push for the removal of the current Law Association of Zambia executive because it had become political.
KBF said if lawyers would not succeed to impeach LAZ president Linda Kasonde, the ruling party would move to dissolve the Law Association of Zambia.
“Some of us who have chosen to be politicians mingle with the politicians. We heard in the corridors of power that LAZ has become political. Their perception is that ‘LAZ is attacking us too much. LAZ is issuing too many statements’,” KBF said.
“So they summoned some of us, we heard: ‘gentlemen there is a problem in your association…’ The people in the political corridors of power are saying ‘if you do not put your house in order as LAZ, then we feel it is time that we acted as politicians because we shall treat LAZ as a political animal.”
But Lubinda told News Digger! today that no one in PF sent KBF to go against the LAZ executive.
“I would challenge Bwalya Fube to produce evidence to that effect, I am a member of the PF central committee and I don’t think that I am junior member of the party. I am a very senior member of the PF and I hold a very senior ministerial position and I don’t think that such an instruction could not have been issued to Mr Fube without me knowing,” Lubinda said.
“So I would like, on behalf of the party, to dispel the association that anyone is trying to bring to the party with regards to those who have been agitating for any changes in the Law Association of Zambia.”
He said the PF was very clear on letting civil society organisations operate independently.
“The Patriotic Front has been very clear on the running of civil society organisations and quasi-government institutions including the Law Association of Zambia. It has not been a matter that has been discussed at any forum of the PF that I could have attended. I would like to request Mr Fube to kindly adduce evidence to that effect,” said Lubinda.
Take a listen:
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Police ‘condemn’ beating of CBU student, but deny killing him - 11 Dec 2017
- UNHCR begs for funding as more Congolese flee into Zambia - 11 Dec 2017
- LAZ STATEMENT ON “MISLEADING MEDIA REPORTS” AGAINST THE ASSOCIATION - 11 Dec 2017
- Consent order between judge Nkonde and State is criminal – Changala - 9 Dec 2017
- More youths demand Mwila’s removal as Kamba defends PF boss - 6 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend