- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF didn’t send KBF to impeach Kasonde – LubindaBy Joseph Mwenda on 3 May 2017
In this audio, Justice minister Given Lubinda has challenged PF lawyer Kelvin Bwalya Fube to name the politicians in the ruling party who tasked him to stop the LAZ executive from issuing negative statements against the government.
Last week, KBF told his fellow lawyers during a forum at Chrismar Hotel, that senior politicians in PF tasked him to push for the removal of the current Law Association of Zambia executive because it had become political.
KBF said if lawyers would not succeed to impeach LAZ president Linda Kasonde, the ruling party would move to dissolve the Law Association of Zambia.
“Some of us who have chosen to be politicians mingle with the politicians. We heard in the corridors of power that LAZ has become political. Their perception is that ‘LAZ is attacking us too much. LAZ is issuing too many statements’,” KBF said.
“So they summoned some of us, we heard: ‘gentlemen there is a problem in your association…’ The people in the political corridors of power are saying ‘if you do not put your house in order as LAZ, then we feel it is time that we acted as politicians because we shall treat LAZ as a political animal.”
But Lubinda told News Digger! today that no one in PF sent KBF to go against the LAZ executive.
“I would challenge Bwalya Fube to produce evidence to that effect, I am a member of the PF central committee and I don’t think that I am junior member of the party. I am a very senior member of the PF and I hold a very senior ministerial position and I don’t think that such an instruction could not have been issued to Mr Fube without me knowing,” Lubinda said.
“So I would like, on behalf of the party, to dispel the association that anyone is trying to bring to the party with regards to those who have been agitating for any changes in the Law Association of Zambia.”
He said the PF was very clear on letting civil society organisations operate independently.
“The Patriotic Front has been very clear on the running of civil society organisations and quasi-government institutions including the Law Association of Zambia. It has not been a matter that has been discussed at any forum of the PF that I could have attended. I would like to request Mr Fube to kindly adduce evidence to that effect,” said Lubinda.
Take a listen:
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- State House angers Mpezeni: “they treat me like a beggar, I will never go there again” - 19 Oct 2017
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend