- by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
One year on, ‘unlawful drilling’ trial hasn’t commencedBy Elias Banda on 19 Mar 2017
LUSAKA principal resident magistrate Mwaka Mikalile has issued a bench warrant against an arresting officer in a case where UPND vice president administration Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba and 19 others are in court for unlawful drilling.
On March 2, GBM and 19 party youths were arrested for unlawful drilling; a charge they denied when they took plea.
This was after police found UPND youths training at a gym, which is GBM’s building situated on Luanshya road in Lusaka and police say offensive weapons were recovered.
This followed President Edgar Lungu’s revelations that the UPND was training a militia group for purpose of causing anarchy should the opposition party lose the August 11 elections.
But a year later, trial has not yet commenced as some accused persons absent themselves from court proceedings.
When the matter came up on Friday, GBM and a few others were not present in court.
The arresting officer was equally absent prompting magistrate Mikalile to issue a bench warrant against him.
Magistrate Mikalile wants a police chief inspector Moyo to be brought on bench warrant on the next date of hearing and explain why he has failed to execute bench warrants on some accused persons in the matter.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend