by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Oct 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Oct 2018by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Alex Chilumbwe on 17 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 16 Oct 2018by Alex Chilumbwe on 16 Oct 2018by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Oct 2018
by Stuart Lisulo on 16 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Oct 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Oct 2018by Stuart Lisulo on 14 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Chibamba Kanyama on 8 Oct 2018by WECREATE I ZAMBIA on 13 Sep 2018by Mukubesa Mundia on 27 Jul 2018by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018
by Diggers Editor on 14 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 12 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2018by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Sep 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 28 Sep 2018by Thomas Mulenga on 24 Sep 2018by Sampa Kabwela on 8 Sep 2018
- Guest Diggers
by CUTS on 9 Oct 2018by CUTS on 2 Oct 2018by CUTS International on 25 Sep 2018by Dr Chisoni Mumba on 21 Sep 2018
Lusaka pastor seeks divorce for lack of sexBy Elias Banda on 10 Apr 2017
A female pastor of Rainbow Church and Music Ministries in Lusaka’s Chawama Township has asked the High Court to dissolve her seven-month old marriage to a fellow pastor on grounds that there is no sexual intercourse in their home.
In her petition for the nullification of marriage, Mary Moyo complained that she only found out that her husband had erectile malfunctions when they were already married.
Moyo submitted that she lawfully married Nicholas St John Masson; a fellow pastor at Exploits with Jesus in Lusaka on August 29, 2016.
Moyo submitted that when she married Masson, she moved in with him and they shared a bed but that he opted to sleep in a short strapped with a belt.
She complained that several attempts to have sex with him failed completely.
Moyo submitted that it was after intense interrogations that Masson told her that the reason why he used to refuse to have sex with her was because prior to their marriage, he had undergone a medical operation that left him with erectile malfunctions.
She stated that the couple later sought medical remedies but to no avail.
“On 22nd December, 2016 the petitioner left the matrimonial home due to the fact that she was deceived into believing that the respondent (husband) had capacity to consummate whilst he knew that his medical condition was incurable and he did not bring it to the attention of the petitioner,” read part of the petition.
Moyo has since asked the court to declare the said marriage a nullity.
The two were both widowed before they got married and they have children from their previous marriages.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
- Lusaka deputy PS, 4 accountants suspended over misuse of govt funds
- Sata left Lungu in charge because he was the only drunkard without ambitions, Kambwili explains
- It’s eight planes bought, two for the President - govt sources
- Zaloumis drags Lusaka woman to court for assault
- Businesswoman admits assaulting Zaloumis
- Don’t be intimidated, Barbara rallies Shepolopolo
- Hippo culling move may make it impossible for US to help Zambia raise conservation funds – Foote
- Abolish Religious Affairs Ministry, demands Bishop Mambo
- Livingstone court dissolves marriage between wife and adulterous pastor
- ‘Lies’ peddled about Zambia’s economy irritate Lungu
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend