by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Sep 2019
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Mwiimbu delayed us to charge HH – PoliceBy Elias Banda on 12 Apr 2017
Police Assistant Superintendent Mpazi Mbita says police took long to charge UPND president Hakainde Hichilema because his lawyer demanded that the exercise be carried out in the presence of other defense lawyers who were not present at the time.
In an affidavit in opposition of an ex-parte notice of motion for writ of Habeas Corpus, Mbita swore that HH had since been charged with treason.
“In response to paragraph 7 and 9 of the Affidavit, the applicant has been charged with the offences of treason, disobedience to lawful orders, disobeying of statutory duty, and use of insulting language. Now produced and shown to me marked ‘MM 1’ is a copy of the notebook signed by the applicant showing the charges,” swore Mbita.
“That further to paragraph six above, when the Zambia Police Officers wanted to charge the applicant on 11th April 2017, one of his lawyers present by the name of Hon Jack Mwiimbu requested that the applicant should only be charged in the presence of all his lawyers, most of whom were not present at the material time.”
He stated that HH’s application had been overtaken by events.
“That the response to paragraphs 10, 11, 12 and 13 of affidavit in support I verily believe that the application by the applicant has been overtaken by the events as he has already been charged and will soon appear before court,” stated Mbita.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it - Lungu (2,586 views)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (2,548 views)
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them (1,425 view)
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi (1,244 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,137 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend