- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Mwiimbu delayed us to charge HH – PoliceBy Elias Banda on 12 Apr 2017
Police Assistant Superintendent Mpazi Mbita says police took long to charge UPND president Hakainde Hichilema because his lawyer demanded that the exercise be carried out in the presence of other defense lawyers who were not present at the time.
In an affidavit in opposition of an ex-parte notice of motion for writ of Habeas Corpus, Mbita swore that HH had since been charged with treason.
“In response to paragraph 7 and 9 of the Affidavit, the applicant has been charged with the offences of treason, disobedience to lawful orders, disobeying of statutory duty, and use of insulting language. Now produced and shown to me marked ‘MM 1’ is a copy of the notebook signed by the applicant showing the charges,” swore Mbita.
“That further to paragraph six above, when the Zambia Police Officers wanted to charge the applicant on 11th April 2017, one of his lawyers present by the name of Hon Jack Mwiimbu requested that the applicant should only be charged in the presence of all his lawyers, most of whom were not present at the material time.”
He stated that HH’s application had been overtaken by events.
“That the response to paragraphs 10, 11, 12 and 13 of affidavit in support I verily believe that the application by the applicant has been overtaken by the events as he has already been charged and will soon appear before court,” stated Mbita.
About Elias Banda
Elias Banda is interested in lifestyle and human interest stories and he brings a unique perspective.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kamondo urges ConCourt to dismiss Masumba’s appeal - 29 May 2017
- Keith Mukata’s ‘wife’ attracts attention at court - 19 May 2017
- Judge Nkonde stops LAZ from joining Post case - 5 May 2017
- ZRA wants to hide corruption, UPP tells Court - 2 May 2017
- Court refuses to quash Nchima’s personation charge - 21 Apr 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend