- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Kamanga’s abuse of authority case withdrawn on technicalitiesBy William Chileshe on 29 Sep 2017
FAZ president Andrew Kamanga’s abuse of authority case has been withdrawn on technicalities.
In this matter, it was alleged that Kamanga between January 1, 2016 and December 2016 did pay or directed to be paid from funds belonging to FAZ and in abuse of office of the president of FAZ the sum of K24,552.00 to Savoy Hotel.
In the said sum is in respect to bills incurred by James Mpombo, Hamalabi Nyirenda and Zebron Nkhoma who at the time were non executive members of FAZ.
The complainant in this case are Kelvin Chipili and Damiano Mutale.
When the matter came up before Ndola magistrate John Mbuzi, Kitwe lawyer Ivan Mulenga informed court that they were still waiting for instructions from the DPP.
“The matter was scheduled for plea, however, we still await the consent of the DPP to private prosecute this matter in the meantime there are some technicalities that we have noted and feel that for now it will be best that the matter be withdrawn and we will pre-institute,” Mulenga said.
Kamanga’s lawyer David Chakoleka did not object to the application.
“This is a matter that came as a way of complaint and in that respect it is within the prerogative of the complainant to withdraw the matter. We have no objection,” said Chakoleka.
Magistrate Mbuzi granted the application and discharged the accused.Related Items
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (30,510 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (10,321 views)
- Sangwa asks Lungu to declare State of Emergency (9,557 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (8,598 views)
- Zambian student chased from Chinese University over suspected COVID-19 (6,786 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend