- by Natasha Sakala on 22 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Ndola women plead not guilty to abduction, indecent assaultBy Daniel Chansa on 18 Dec 2018
Five Ndola women have pleaded not guilty to a charge of abduction and indecent assault on a female.
Fact before court are that on December 1, 2018, Precious Kapambwe 25 , Bridget chisha 21, Magrette Mwansa 25,Catherine Banda 29 and Maureen Mutale 29, while acting together abducted the named victim and caused her actual bodily harm, buy inserting a beer bottle into her private parts.
It is alleged that on the material day, in Ndola’s New Mushili township, the victim was having drinks at Start Point Bar at Masala main market with Harrison Mwanza, the husband to Kapambwe.
Whilst at the drinking place, Kapambwe showed up in the company of her other four friends.
It is alleged that upon seeing his wife, Kapambwe’s husband run away leaving the victim alone.
Kapambwe then picked the victim by force and took her to home where she was allegedly forced to undress.
And in the video which has since gone viral on social media, the women were seen holding the victim’s hands and legs while another was seen placing a bottle of castle beer in the victim’s private parts.
When the matter came up for plea Monday afternoon after a new charge of abduction was added, the five pleaded not guilty.
Ndola Principal resident magistrate, Obbester Musukwa adjourned the matter to December 26 for commencement of trial while the five were remanded in custody.Related Items
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India (2,257 views)
- Mushimba wonders why accepted UNZA student don’t show up to enroll (1,907 view)
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (1,636 view)
- You'll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt (1,594 view)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (1,022 view)
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend