- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lsk woman sues 3 suppliers over K258,000By Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Jan 2019
A businesswoman of Lusaka’s Bauleni Compound has dragged three Kamwala South residents to court for failing to supply her with 20 laptops and 30 cell phones from Dubai after giving them an advance payment of K258,000 last year.
In a statement of claim filed in the Lusaka High Court, Tuesday, Remedy Zulu, who has sued Crapson Mwandia, Memory Mutambo and Gabriel Ngulube, stated that she was in the business of buying and selling of cell phones and laptops, whereas the defendants were in the business of supplying the said items.
Zulu stated that between March and May, last year, she entered into an agreement with the defendants that they supply her with 20 laptops and 30 cell phones.
She further stated that she advanced a sum of K258,000 to the defendants to order the said items from Dubai, but added that the defendants had failed or neglected to deliver the items as agreed.
“The plaintiff advanced the sum of K258,000 to the defendants for them to order the above mentioned items from Dubai. The defendants have failed or neglected to deliver the items as agreed,” read the statement of claim.
Zulu stated that she had asked the defendants to refund her the money, but they had neglected or refused to pay.
She is now claiming for an order for the delivery of 20 assorted laptops, tablets and 30 assorted cell phones, as an alternative to refunding the K258,000.
Zulu is further seeking damages for breach of contract by the defendants, interest and costs, as well as, any other reliefs the court may deem fit.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt - 21 Aug 2019
- Former Chreso VC sues University Council for libel, demands K1m dues - 21 Aug 2019
- 2 Lusaka men get 8 months for stealing shoe polish from Shoprite - 21 Aug 2019
- Simataa files notice of appeal against High Court’s decision to grant Kamanga an interim injunction - 20 Aug 2019
- Lungu’s trying to “legally” rig 2021 polls using Constitution Amendment Bill – Chifire - 20 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend