by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 8 Dec 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 6 Dec 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 6 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 6 Dec 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 5 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 4 Dec 2019by Natasha Sakala on 28 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 27 Nov 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Dec 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 6 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Dec 2019
by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 5 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 3 Dec 2019by Diggers Editor on 1 Dec 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Julius Kapembwa (PhD) on 5 Dec 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 4 Dec 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Nov 2019by Dr Chishimba Mubanga, MSc on 22 Nov 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Sampa Kabwela on 23 Nov 2019by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019
Court orders L/Stone man to pay wife’s lover K5,000 for defamationBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2019
A woman of Sitangoyi Village in Southern Province told the Livingstone Local Court that she had sex with her lover once when her husband was away.
And the woman also told the court that she later fought with her lover’s wife after the latter found a picture of her with her husband.
The Court, however, ordered the said woman’s husband to compensate the lover with K5,000 for falsely accusing him of having an affair with his wife.
This is the matter in which Jack Mutukwa of Sitangoyi Village, Chief Mukuni of Southern Province, had sued Lubinda Siboli of the same village, claiming K15,000 compensation for accusing him of sleeping with his wife, Irene Situngu, in 2017.
When the matter came up before Senior Local Court Magistrate Essau Daka recently, Mutukwa informed the Court that some time last year, Lubinda approached him, saying he had been caught committing adultery with his wife.
He said when he told him that it was not true, Lubinda still went ahead and reported him to the headman where he demanded payment of K30,000 for committing adultery with his wife, Irene.
Mutukwa said when he refused to pay the money, Lubinda sued him in Kazungula Local Court where he was ordered to compensate him K10,000, but he appealed.
“I was not happy with the order of Kazungula Local Court so I appealed to Livingstone Subordinate Court. At Livingstone Subordinate Court, I won the appeal. In delivering judgement, Honorable Magistrate S.M Mukela said the claim didn’t warrant compensation for insufficient evidence,” Mutukwa said.
He said he wanted Lubinda to compensate him with K15,000 for defamation of character.
“I was awarded costs and later advised to sue for defamation of character. I want Lubinda Siboli to compensate me with K15,000 for defamation of character,” he said.
When asked about the matter, Lubinda denied defaming Mutukwa, saying Mutukwa’s wife was the one who reported to him that his wife, Irene’s photograph was with him.
“She complained to me that her husband was was having an affair with my wife. When I asked him, he denied. I reported him to the headman, but he still denied,” he said.
Lubinda informed the Court that when he later sued Mutukwa for adultery, his wife confessed in court having sex with him the night when he was away, and the court awarded him K10,000 compensation for adultery.
Meanwhile, Lubinda’s wife, Irene Situngu, told the Court that Mutukwa proposed love to her in 2017, but only gave in to his proposal in 2018.
She disclosed that she later had sex with him when her husband was away and gave him her photo.
“Jack (Mutukwa) asked for my photo, which I gave him willingly. Later, his wife asked me about my photo, which was with him and we fought on my way to the stream to draw water. He even asked for forgiveness from my husband. My husband later asked for K30,000, but Jack said it was too much and he reduced to K20,000, but he refused and suggested K3,000, and they could not agree. Jack was sued and ordered to compensate my husband with K10,000,” said Situngu.
But in his ruling, Magistrate Daka upheld Mutukwa’s claim and ordered Lubinda to compensate Mutukwa with K5,000 for defamation of character, to be paid in monthly instalments of K250.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- High Court orders Tutwa to pay Mwitwa damages for libel - 7 Dec 2019
- Trial continues in ritual killings case involving soldier, traditional healer - 6 Dec 2019
- Prime TV sues former employee for defamation - 6 Dec 2019
- Judge Nkonde narrates how security guard stole money from his house - 6 Dec 2019
- Girl narrates how biological father impregnated her - 6 Dec 2019
- Govt's attacks against Foote diplomatic gobbledegook - Mpombo (1,049 view)
- Lungu, Tasila in Mukula cartel (760 views)
- Wina describes UPND’s Lupososhi ward election victory as ‘small fish’ (710 views)
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation (679 views)
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel (624 views)
- Age just a number for prolific Chamanga
- Wina describes UPND’s Lupososhi ward election victory as ‘small fish’
- High Court orders Tutwa to pay Mwitwa damages for libel
- Govt’s attacks against Foote diplomatic gobbledegook – Mpombo
- When the ruling party owns the Constitution making process, citizens lose it – Mwenye
- A bitter sweet message from the U.S Ambassador on gay crimes, hypocrisy
- Kapata to sue Diggers for publishing Mukula smuggling cartel
- I'll retain power in 2021 because I'm humble - Lungu
- PF blames minister for Lupososhi loss, demands his resignation
- Stop dividing us, stay out of politics, Lungu tells clergy
Subscribe For News In Email
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend