by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Oct 2019by Mukosha Funga on 15 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 15 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by John Chola on 11 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 15 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 15 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Court orders L/Stone man to pay wife’s lover K5,000 for defamationBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 Jan 2019
A woman of Sitangoyi Village in Southern Province told the Livingstone Local Court that she had sex with her lover once when her husband was away.
And the woman also told the court that she later fought with her lover’s wife after the latter found a picture of her with her husband.
The Court, however, ordered the said woman’s husband to compensate the lover with K5,000 for falsely accusing him of having an affair with his wife.
This is the matter in which Jack Mutukwa of Sitangoyi Village, Chief Mukuni of Southern Province, had sued Lubinda Siboli of the same village, claiming K15,000 compensation for accusing him of sleeping with his wife, Irene Situngu, in 2017.
When the matter came up before Senior Local Court Magistrate Essau Daka recently, Mutukwa informed the Court that some time last year, Lubinda approached him, saying he had been caught committing adultery with his wife.
He said when he told him that it was not true, Lubinda still went ahead and reported him to the headman where he demanded payment of K30,000 for committing adultery with his wife, Irene.
Mutukwa said when he refused to pay the money, Lubinda sued him in Kazungula Local Court where he was ordered to compensate him K10,000, but he appealed.
“I was not happy with the order of Kazungula Local Court so I appealed to Livingstone Subordinate Court. At Livingstone Subordinate Court, I won the appeal. In delivering judgement, Honorable Magistrate S.M Mukela said the claim didn’t warrant compensation for insufficient evidence,” Mutukwa said.
He said he wanted Lubinda to compensate him with K15,000 for defamation of character.
“I was awarded costs and later advised to sue for defamation of character. I want Lubinda Siboli to compensate me with K15,000 for defamation of character,” he said.
When asked about the matter, Lubinda denied defaming Mutukwa, saying Mutukwa’s wife was the one who reported to him that his wife, Irene’s photograph was with him.
“She complained to me that her husband was was having an affair with my wife. When I asked him, he denied. I reported him to the headman, but he still denied,” he said.
Lubinda informed the Court that when he later sued Mutukwa for adultery, his wife confessed in court having sex with him the night when he was away, and the court awarded him K10,000 compensation for adultery.
Meanwhile, Lubinda’s wife, Irene Situngu, told the Court that Mutukwa proposed love to her in 2017, but only gave in to his proposal in 2018.
She disclosed that she later had sex with him when her husband was away and gave him her photo.
“Jack (Mutukwa) asked for my photo, which I gave him willingly. Later, his wife asked me about my photo, which was with him and we fought on my way to the stream to draw water. He even asked for forgiveness from my husband. My husband later asked for K30,000, but Jack said it was too much and he reduced to K20,000, but he refused and suggested K3,000, and they could not agree. Jack was sued and ordered to compensate my husband with K10,000,” said Situngu.
But in his ruling, Magistrate Daka upheld Mutukwa’s claim and ordered Lubinda to compensate Mutukwa with K5,000 for defamation of character, to be paid in monthly instalments of K250.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court - 15 Oct 2019
- I smoke marijuana to cool my temper, Lusaka man tells court - 15 Oct 2019
- Siwale asks High Court to halt his Defamation of the President case - 15 Oct 2019
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala (2,844 views)
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,401 views)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,813 view)
- RDA, AVIC single sourcing deal pure corruption - Kambwili (1,808 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,613 view)
- Commission of Inquiry into violence report is public information – Chipampe
- Zambia’ll be a war zone in 2021 if violence isn’t curtailed – Mpombo
- Police arrest 11, recover combat uniforms in Chalala
- Family members challenge newly installed Chief Nalubamba’s legitimacy in court
- Milupi doubts Zesco’s pending power import deal with Eskom
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies"
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend