- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
100 days in prison, but not bitterBy Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017
Good morning fellow citizens,
Yesterday marked 100 days from the day we were arrested. But we habour no hate for anyone as we believe that everything that happens in life is for a purpose.
Our love for Zambia and what we aspire for the country to be has not changed. We are very clear on what our country needs to move from the current political and economic situation.
We know how much you worry about our conditions inside Mukobeko Maximum and other prisons around the country. You have every reason to worry because the conditions we are in are inhuman and need to be quickly addressed as a matter of priority, not because Hakainde is here, but because there are human beings living in these atrocious conditions.
We believe that regardless of the crimes these inmates committed, they need to be treated in a humane manner and in accordance with local and international conventions regarding the treatment of people and respect for human rights.
It is even worse for some of us who are still searching for answers as to what crime we committed, but already being punished under these inhuman conditions.
Fellow citizens, thank you for your prayers and be of good cheer.
We leave you with this very instructive scripture where we draw our strength:
Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed, he said. Peace! Be strong now; be strong. When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.
God Bless Zambia and let peace reign.
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend