Today marks exactly one year since my Vice President, Her Honor Mrs Inonge Wina and I took oath of Office after the Zambian people renewed the mandate of the Patriotic Front (PF).
As we commemorate one year of service to the Zambian people, I wish to thank the Almighty God for the grace and favor He has continued to show to my administration and Country at large.
Through working together as one people, Zambia has recorded a number of achievements. Let me mention a few:
1. Reduction of mealie meal prices.
2. Stabilization of the Kwacha against Dollar from K14 to around K8.9
3. Dropping lending rates from 45% to 27%
4. Reduction of Load shedding hours from 12hrs to 0 hrs
5. Dropping Inflation rate from 21% to 6%
6. Recorded a Bumper harvest being over 3,000,000 metric tonnes.
7. Improvement in foreign policy.
8. Rise in tourism, leading to increased revenue.
9. Strengthened internal security and peace before, during and after the 2016 General Elections.
10. Promoted Women and Youth participation in leadership and key decisions making positions.
11. Reduction of fuel prices.
12. Construction, commissioning and Launching of road projects, Toll gates, airports, health posts and other infrastructure.
13. Moral and material support to the Under 20 football team which won the Africa Cup 2017.
The list is endless. What achievement was most significant to you?