- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Tujilijili drinking competition leaves winner deadBy Joseph Mwenda on 22 Aug 2017
A man of Kambelembele village in Kalombo area of North Western Province has died after taking six bottles of Tujilijili in a drinking competition, leaving his rival who consumed five and half bottles battling for his life.
North Western Province Police Commissioner Auxencio Daka named the deceased victor of the drinking competition as Oscar Kavungu and further identified the hospitalised loser as Charles Mwiye.
“Oscar Kavungu of Kambelembele village, Kalombo area died after drinking six bottles of Tujilijili. He died around 16.00 hours at Chavuma General hospital. The age is not known but, he is believed to be between 25 and 30 years old,” Daka told News Diggers! in a statement.
“He was with his friend Charles Mwiye, 25, of the same village who also took five and half bottles of Tujilijili. Mwiye was later rushed to the same hospital and is out of danger awaiting to be discharged.”
He said an investigation revealed that the two were competing to finish 20 bottles of the highly concentrated alcohol spirits.
“Upon following up the report it was revealed that the two were competing to finish the entire box of 20 bottles. This took place at Mr Sapato Collins’ shop of the same area,” said Daka.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- JCC recommends suspension of judge Nkonde - 21 Nov 2017
- PF to remove Financial Intelligence boss - 21 Nov 2017
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF - 18 Nov 2017
- Lungu is concerned with Zim situation - 17 Nov 2017
- Lungu recalls drunk, disloyal diplomats - 15 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend