- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Citizen journalist on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- by Tenson Mkhala on 26 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 25 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 19 Sep 2017by Ruth Tembo on 16 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
There’s too much anger in PF- Col ChandaBy Stella Goma on 9 Jan 2017
RULING party members have started speaking against the party because they are not being given room to express themselves, says Patriotic Front foreign policy chairman Colonel Gerry Chanda.
Speaking when he featured on Pan African Radio today, January 9, 2017, Col. Chanda observed that there was too much pressure in the ruling party.
“Intra-party conflicts or factions are healthy but, what is not healthy is if you mishandle them, it becomes a big challenge, it becomes a source of concern. If you I have dissenting views within the party, I must be heard, I must be listened to, if I say something against the party, I express my opinion against the party, that is a pointer that the bottle is blowing up, there is too much pressure and the membership is not being given enough room to breathe in the party so that they can leave their pressure in their set organs of the party like central committee,” Col Chanda said.
“If this (conflict) is tackled and handled within the same parameters, the same programme, the same laws that we have set by ourselves, it is very healthy but people now tend to go and blow anger outside because we are not giving them space to say what they want to say about the running of the party.”
Col Chanda, who is also former PF Kanyama member of parliament, cautioned party not to expel Roan member of parliament Chishimba Kambwili.
Last year, President Edgar Lungu fired Kambwili from his position as Minister of Information and Chief Government Spokesperson and he is now being probed by the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Kambwili has in the past few months been very critical of President Lungu, forcing PF secretary general to call for a ‘disciplinary meeting’ this Friday January 13, 2017.
But Col Chanda advised the party against expelling Kambwili.
“Chishimba Kambwili is an essential member of the party and has said so that he would with outmost ensure the party remains strong were it is supposed to be, the firing from Cabinet position I have no quarrel about that as I have said, but let not nobody think of expelling… like I read in the press recently,” he said reminding the party that Kambwili was one of the oldest serving members of the ruling party.
Col Chanda urged President Lungu to call a central committee meeting to discuss all the differences in the party.
“His Excellence the President, Mr Edgar Chagwa Lungu who also presides over our central committee should convene a central committee meeting quickly so that we deal with these issues as an in-house matter not as matters to be dealt with in the press. These are issues we can quarrel, agree, and disagree in closed door and ultimate at the end of the day come up with some semblance of agreement, because that is important, failure to which we are heading for self-distraction which is not healthy for the party,” Col Chanda said.
And Colonel Chanda expressed ignorance at certain questionable senior appointments in government.
He also questioned the appointment of MMD members to key Cabinet positions. “Are we in alliance with MMD, the answer is no, I don’t know, maybe it has been done at some levels I don’t know. The central committee is the organ that is supposed to endorse certain decisions of the party as it relates to other parties, we fought hard to remove MMD, now to find that MMD are the ones championing the governs, it begs a lot of questions than answers,” said Col Chanda.
About Stella Goma
Stella Goma is a Zambian journalist with a passion for a democratic society and transparency in governance.
Email: stella [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mosho confirms auction sale of Post assets - 5 Apr 2017
- There’s too much animosity between PF and UPND – HRC - 4 Apr 2017
- HH says Lungu is a clueless hyena - 4 Apr 2017
- Matale defends LAZ - 1 Feb 2017
- Dancing officer identified, to face tribunal - 30 Jan 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend