- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Stop 2021 talk for peace’ sake – TIZ tells LunguBy Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jan 2017
TRANSPARENCY International Zambia president Lee Habasonda says it is premature for President Edgar Lungu to start talking about 2021 elections because there are more pressing issues to address.
Habasonda called on all relevant authorities like the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) and the Constitutional Court to interpret the Constitution and guide the nation on the matter.
“It’s too early to start debating about the eligibility of the incumbent to contest in the 2021 elections when there are serious pressing issues like the army worms, unemployment, and the economy among other issues the country is facing,” said Habasonda .
However, Habasonda said the debate was healthy but he cautioned people to debate with integrity. He also asked President Lungu to put an end to the discussion for the sake of peace in the country.
Last week President Edgar Lungu announced that he was eligible to stand in the 2021 general elections. The President said he had read the Constitution and that he understood that he was eligible to re-contest the presidency in 2021.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Maize price projects huge loss for farmers – ZNFU - 26 Jul 2017
- Wynter invites Kambwili to join Rainbow - 25 Jul 2017
- Musenge contemplates forming own party - 25 Jul 2017
- Mutati’s MMD still independent – Nakacinda - 24 Jul 2017
- LAZ not affected by arson – Amos - 24 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend