- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Stop 2021 talk for peace’ sake – TIZ tells LunguBy Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jan 2017
TRANSPARENCY International Zambia president Lee Habasonda says it is premature for President Edgar Lungu to start talking about 2021 elections because there are more pressing issues to address.
Habasonda called on all relevant authorities like the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) and the Constitutional Court to interpret the Constitution and guide the nation on the matter.
“It’s too early to start debating about the eligibility of the incumbent to contest in the 2021 elections when there are serious pressing issues like the army worms, unemployment, and the economy among other issues the country is facing,” said Habasonda .
However, Habasonda said the debate was healthy but he cautioned people to debate with integrity. He also asked President Lungu to put an end to the discussion for the sake of peace in the country.
Last week President Edgar Lungu announced that he was eligible to stand in the 2021 general elections. The President said he had read the Constitution and that he understood that he was eligible to re-contest the presidency in 2021.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili questions ConCourt’s failure to cite Mwila for contempt - 22 Nov 2017
- It’s childish for Kambwili to continue telling lies about Lungu – Chanda - 22 Nov 2017
- Chitimukulu calls for partnership between chiefs and private sector - 22 Nov 2017
- $25m ADB loan to building society will push national housing agenda – ZUFIAW - 21 Nov 2017
- The court’s ruling was very clear, ex-ministers must pay – Kampamba - 21 Nov 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend