- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Stop 2021 talk for peace’ sake – TIZ tells LunguBy Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jan 2017
TRANSPARENCY International Zambia president Lee Habasonda says it is premature for President Edgar Lungu to start talking about 2021 elections because there are more pressing issues to address.
Habasonda called on all relevant authorities like the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) and the Constitutional Court to interpret the Constitution and guide the nation on the matter.
“It’s too early to start debating about the eligibility of the incumbent to contest in the 2021 elections when there are serious pressing issues like the army worms, unemployment, and the economy among other issues the country is facing,” said Habasonda .
However, Habasonda said the debate was healthy but he cautioned people to debate with integrity. He also asked President Lungu to put an end to the discussion for the sake of peace in the country.
Last week President Edgar Lungu announced that he was eligible to stand in the 2021 general elections. The President said he had read the Constitution and that he understood that he was eligible to re-contest the presidency in 2021.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Foreigners shouldn’t own land for 99 years – Kapita - 19 Sep 2017
- We expected Lungu to address lacunas in Constitution – NGOCC - 19 Sep 2017
- CiSCA warns Judiciary against intimidating court officers - 18 Sep 2017
- New districts are a drain on the Treasury – Hamududu - 16 Sep 2017
- Stick to budget, spend what you have, Chibamba urges govt - 16 Sep 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend