by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
KBF recalls how Kabila was assassinated by his ownBy Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jan 2017
OUR true enemies are not external but the ones we wine and dine with, says former PF vice chairperson for elections Kelvin Bwalya Fube.
In a Facebook posting yesterday, January 17, 2017, KBF shared the lessons from the assassination of former DRC President Laurent De’sire Kabila.
“Today I celebrate the life of a gallant Son of Africa Laurent De’sire’ Kabila one of the courageous men in Africa it’s now exactly 16 years since he was shot dead by his 19 year old body guard Rashid. Kabila and his child soldiers walked 2,000 Kilometres to Kinshansa to go oust longtime dictator Mobutu Sese Seko who had turned Congo’s economy into his personal bank account. The west didn’t not see the arrival of this Marxist leader in a favorable light,” KBF wrote.
“About 3 months before President Kabila’s death, [he] had his long time friend and ally Masasu discreetly assassinated in Pwetu. Kabila feared Masasu’s popularity might overshadow his, Masasu was the one who had recruited most of Kabila’s child soldiers and later body guards when Masusa was killed the body guards who Kabila had treated badly with meager salaries received the sad news with a lot of frustrations. Not long Kabila was shot dead with 6 bullets in his chest.”
KBF noted that president Kabila’s assassination taught him never to despise people who were loyal to him.
“Lessons I learnt from Kabila’s assassination are that; never despise people who are loyal to you or who help you get on top, our true enemies are not external but the ones we dine and wine with and never ever forget or change when you get on top,” wrote KBF.
KBF vigorously campaigned for President Lungu both in 2015 and 2016 but although there was talk of him becoming either PF secretary general or justice minister, he was never appointed to any position.
In the past few months, KBF has been very critical of the PF and he said there was need to have elections in the party from the top to the bottom.
The constant attacks on the party forced PF campaign manager and lands minister Jean Kapata to fire KBF as her vice.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Kambwili is already a dead man, no one can kill him – Mumbi - 13 Sep 2019
- Lungu must take his Parliament address seriously, people are distressed – Mweetwa - 13 Sep 2019
- Quitting politics has nothing to do with my brother’s appointment at BoZ – Chipimo - 12 Sep 2019
- Lungu fires new FIC board chair Siame - 12 Sep 2019
- Unless you kill me, arrests only make me add volume – Kambwili - 12 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,796 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,230 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,606 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,521 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,280 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend