- by Mukosha Funga on 24 Jul 2017by Karen Mwelwa on 24 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 23 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 24 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017by Nic Cheeseman on 7 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 18 Jun 2017
KBF recalls how Kabila was assassinated by his ownBy Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jan 2017
OUR true enemies are not external but the ones we wine and dine with, says former PF vice chairperson for elections Kelvin Bwalya Fube.
In a Facebook posting yesterday, January 17, 2017, KBF shared the lessons from the assassination of former DRC President Laurent De’sire Kabila.
“Today I celebrate the life of a gallant Son of Africa Laurent De’sire’ Kabila one of the courageous men in Africa it’s now exactly 16 years since he was shot dead by his 19 year old body guard Rashid. Kabila and his child soldiers walked 2,000 Kilometres to Kinshansa to go oust longtime dictator Mobutu Sese Seko who had turned Congo’s economy into his personal bank account. The west didn’t not see the arrival of this Marxist leader in a favorable light,” KBF wrote.
“About 3 months before President Kabila’s death, [he] had his long time friend and ally Masasu discreetly assassinated in Pwetu. Kabila feared Masasu’s popularity might overshadow his, Masasu was the one who had recruited most of Kabila’s child soldiers and later body guards when Masusa was killed the body guards who Kabila had treated badly with meager salaries received the sad news with a lot of frustrations. Not long Kabila was shot dead with 6 bullets in his chest.”
KBF noted that president Kabila’s assassination taught him never to despise people who were loyal to him.
“Lessons I learnt from Kabila’s assassination are that; never despise people who are loyal to you or who help you get on top, our true enemies are not external but the ones we dine and wine with and never ever forget or change when you get on top,” wrote KBF.
KBF vigorously campaigned for President Lungu both in 2015 and 2016 but although there was talk of him becoming either PF secretary general or justice minister, he was never appointed to any position.
In the past few months, KBF has been very critical of the PF and he said there was need to have elections in the party from the top to the bottom.
The constant attacks on the party forced PF campaign manager and lands minister Jean Kapata to fire KBF as her vice.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zambia can maintain reduced mealie-meal prices – MAZ - 24 Jul 2017
- Mwamba brings Trade, Investment forum to Zambia - 23 Jul 2017
- Authoritarian rule hurting investor confidence in Zambia – Mumba - 23 Jul 2017
- Chishimba condemns Pick n Pay slave wages - 22 Jul 2017
- Reduced mealie-meal price will affect famers – CUTS - 22 Jul 2017
You may also like...
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend