- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Govt is fighting worst form of UPND propaganda – AmosBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Mar 2017
State House press aide Amos Chanda says government is fighting the worst form of UPND propaganda.
In his reaction to a circulating video clip where a police officer is seen having an altercation with Mazabuka MP Garry Nkombo, Chanda commended the police for protecting the gun wielding officer.
The President’s spokesperson observed that Constable Spider Ngoma was provoked in the middle of the night, adding that it could not be proved that he was drunk.
“What, in law does “appearing drank” mean? Secondly, how would you react when physically attacked at midnight in a small town where three strange murders have taken place within a month?” Chanda wondered in a post that was circulated in various social media chat groups.
“Are police not currently prosecuting ritual murders that nearly sparked off the hitherto unknown xenophobia in Zambia?”
Chanda, a former Press Association of Zambia vice-president and ex-employee of the Zambia Daily Mail, observed that the UPND were strangely visible in news around ritual killings, stampedes, droughts and road accidents.
“We are currently dealing with some of the most heinous opposition propaganda you can ever imagine! On the hand why morbidity, all most thinks dark, attractive to the UPND? The party is swiftly visible in ritual killings, stampedes, droughts, hail storms, bus accidentsm,” observed Chanda.
He went further to highlight various other tragedies where the opposition party claimed victim.
“Did the UPND not rejoice in the unfortunate events? Did police not find PF Chitenge material covering the bodies of deceased [victims] ostensibly calculated to link the party to the killings? Didn’t the UPND not oppose the military deployment to help end the killings and subsequent localised riots?” Chanda wondered.
“Do you also recall the strange images of Mapenzi being photographed chronologically from a riot scene through to the point she is shot and all the way to the mortuary? How did the photographer sense that the poor lady would meet her fate and therefore followed singularly in a mob of thousands? Do you recall the UPND hysteria over this matter? Did we not hear strange testimony at inquest from an officer who was not on the scene that police shot her?”
He praised police spokesperson Esther Mwata Katongo for defending the visibly drunk officer.
“Therefore pay attention to police spokesman Esther Katongo’s paragraph where she refers to police carrying out a sensitive investigation of murder cases in Chilanga,” said Chanda.Related ItemsHeadlines
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend