- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
ICC consultations a mockery to Zambians – ChipenziBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 7 Apr 2017
Former FODEP Executive Director MacDonald Chipenzi has described the ICC consultative process as a mockery to Zambians.
In an interview, Chipenzi said the government wanted to use the consultations as a conduit for perforating the national treasury.
He said it was overwhelmingly to learn that majority citizens were against the decision to withdraw Zambia’s membership from the ICC.
“This should be soothing and thrilling to many of us who did not want Zambia to leave the ICC and embarked on a quiet campaign against any move to leave the ICC. There now remains a responsibility from government as promised by Hon Given Lubinda, Minister of Justice, to respect whatever outcome from these Mock consultations on ICC,” Chipenzi said.
“The credibility of the government position on the ICC will depend on its reaction and how transparent it would be in handling the outcomes from the Mock Consultations especially those that would come from the District Commissioners of the non-consulted districts.”
He further observed that Zambians seemed to be on high alert against present and future leaders who would want to develop an insatiable appetite for genocide, crimes against humanity and aggression.
“These are mock consultations on the ICC as they are being used as a conduit for perforating the national treasury, the exit polls so far from the consulted districts, show that the ‘remain in the ICC camp’ [vote] has seemingly taken the day,” said Chipenzi.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- It’s hard to believe Kambwili’s accusations in the absence of evidence – Wynter - 23 Sep 2017
- Rampant fraud in govt contracts disgusts TIZ - 21 Sep 2017
- $42m for fire tenders also alarmed me until technocrats explained – Mwale - 20 Sep 2017
- Minister to explain controversial fire tenders in Parliament - 19 Sep 2017
- Only 4 constituencies in N/Western have received CDF since 2015 – Kambita - 19 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten - Munir Zulu
- Lungu has taken Zambians for fools – Chipimo
- Zambian professor melts hearts for helping single mother baby sit in his class
- It's hard to believe Kambwili's accusations in the absence of evidence - Wynter
- Kampyongo got three cars for awarding fire tender contract to Grandview - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend