- by Joseph Mwenda on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 27 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
ICC consultations a mockery to Zambians – ChipenziBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 7 Apr 2017
Former FODEP Executive Director MacDonald Chipenzi has described the ICC consultative process as a mockery to Zambians.
In an interview, Chipenzi said the government wanted to use the consultations as a conduit for perforating the national treasury.
He said it was overwhelmingly to learn that majority citizens were against the decision to withdraw Zambia’s membership from the ICC.
“This should be soothing and thrilling to many of us who did not want Zambia to leave the ICC and embarked on a quiet campaign against any move to leave the ICC. There now remains a responsibility from government as promised by Hon Given Lubinda, Minister of Justice, to respect whatever outcome from these Mock consultations on ICC,” Chipenzi said.
“The credibility of the government position on the ICC will depend on its reaction and how transparent it would be in handling the outcomes from the Mock Consultations especially those that would come from the District Commissioners of the non-consulted districts.”
He further observed that Zambians seemed to be on high alert against present and future leaders who would want to develop an insatiable appetite for genocide, crimes against humanity and aggression.
“These are mock consultations on the ICC as they are being used as a conduit for perforating the national treasury, the exit polls so far from the consulted districts, show that the ‘remain in the ICC camp’ [vote] has seemingly taken the day,” said Chipenzi.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- There’s now peace in PF after we expelled Kambwili and Musenge, says Davies Mwila - 26 Jul 2017
- Questioning Lungu makes you his enemy – Musenge - 26 Jul 2017
- There are too many corrupt deals in govt: Let’s listen to Kambwili’s exposés – Mulongoti - 26 Jul 2017
- It’s difficult to understand PF’s intolerance of LAZ – Andyford - 26 Jul 2017
- Kambwili will soon rot – PF - 25 Jul 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend