- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Criminal-minded lawyers are after LAZ – SaviourBy Mirriam Chabala on 28 Apr 2017
In this five-minute audio, United Progressive People president Saviour Chishimba says the impeachment ploy against LAZ is aimed at allowing criminal-minded politicians masquerading as lawyers to be in charge of the legal profession.
He advises lawyers to treat the motion with disdain.
Saviour notes that the motion to impeach LAZ president Linda Kasonde is misguided and politically motivated.
“The impeachment ploy comes at a time that the PF-MMD regime has embarked on a scheme to usher in a legal regime, which will affect the legal profession. This is not the time to allow divisions at the hands of criminally minded individuals who are hiding under the banner of politics and law practice. It is a very dangerous thing to ever contemplate that ex-convicts should spearhead the call to change the law at a time that the country is more divided than ever before under the PF-MMD regime,” Saviour says.
He also says the Judiciary has disappointed Zambians who have lost confidence in it and the hope of the justice system primarily lies in the unity of legal practitioners.
He further says the authoritarianism and abuse of human rights currently being experienced in Zambia is capable of depriving the country of the much needed investment.
Take a listen
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Mandatory HIV testing unconstitutional – PeP - 17 Aug 2017
- Ndola Police stop “HH freedom” celebrations - 17 Aug 2017
- Compulsory HIV testing is against human rights – FDD - 16 Aug 2017
- Lufwanyama toasts PF empowerment - 15 Aug 2017
- Fishing ban too short to allow breeding – Chilangwa - 15 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend