- by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017by Anastasia Kasongo on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Lungu’s regime more corrupt than Chiluba’s – SaviourBy Mirriam Chabala on 3 May 2017
UPP leader Saviour Chishimba says President Edgar Lungu’s regime is more corrupt than Fredrick Chiluba’s.
At a media briefing yesterday, Saviour said at least some of the corruption under Chiluba’s regime benefited the people.
“I can assure you that this regime is more corrupt than the Chiluba regime because the Chiluba regime was doing corruption to benefit the people like when they sold houses to people. You shouldn’t worry because the PF/MMD regime is on its way out. I will deal with all those who are corrupt when I form government but for now I will continue exposing them until all culprits are brought to book,” Saviour said.
Saviour also said his party was working closely with Transparency International Zambia in fighting corruption.
Saviour further advised the Head of State to stop making unnecessary international trips and instead channel the resources towards increasing salaries for civil servants.
And Chishimba said President Lungu’s threats to declare a state of emergency were nonsense as it was a ploy to abuse citizens’ rights.
“These people think they can do whatever they want just because they are the party in power. The threat to declare a state of emergency is total nonsense and it is based on nothing. Declaring a state of emergency is just a ploy to start abusing the rights of citizens, we know it. We saw how the UNIP imposed a state of emergency which lasted for decades but the people united to get out the UNIP from power, you should go and ask Kaunda because he is the leading testimony of what happens when you try to become a dictator. We cannot entertain what is happening in our nation, people’s rights are being abused,” he said.
Saviour also condemned destruction of public property saying it was tantamount to economic sabotage.
“Right now the situation in the Republic of Zambia is very delicate. We cannot afford to start destroying property in the country, that is called economic sabotage because it will be the same people of Zambia who again will have to contribute in terms of taxes to repair all the property that is being damaged. So our appeal is that as much as possible, let us try to resort to peaceful means of resolving our conflicts. The situation is not irredeemable, I can assure you that the PF-MMD regime is on its way out. Let us be on our knees and pray that they are out,” said Saviour.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam Chabala is a Zambian journalist who covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZICTA confiscates transmitter for a Choma community radio station - 19 Oct 2017
- ERB too quick at hiking prices, slow on reducing – CUTS - 18 Oct 2017
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba - 18 Oct 2017
- Promise to stop stealing before inviting us for prayers, HH tells PF - 18 Oct 2017
- Mwila reserves party position on calls for Mulusa’s dismissal - 17 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend