by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Copperbelt PF rebukes Musenge for criticising LunguBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 May 2017
Copperbelt PF youth chairperson Nathan Chanda says former provincial minister Mwenya Musenge must come out in the open and declare that he is no longer in support of President Edgar Lungu’s administration.
Musenge has been critical of President Lungu’s government in the recent past, questioning how some government leaders had amassed so much wealth within a short period.
According The Mast newspaper, Musenge who is a member of the PF Central Committee, fears that the party has started too many battles.
“My heart is burning; we have started too many fights, first it was The Post and now it is Hakainde Hichilema,” The Mast quoted Musenge as saying.
He further claimed that President Lungu’s political adviser Kaizer Zulu called to threaten him for making negative statements about the ruling party.
“Kaizar Zulu, the political advisor to the President, phoned me on Monday night (Labour Day) at about 19:30 to be precise. He called me on his line 0977826222… He warned me against issuing statements in the press. Then he went further to say ‘I am warning you, you will be sorted out if you continue to make such utterances’,” Musenge is quoted as saying.
But the PF has put its foot down on Musenge, with Copperbelt officials saying they are running out of patience for people who were attacking President Lungu’s administration.
“As PF youths on the Copperbelt, we have decided not to attack Mr Musenge as a Member of the Central Committee, because we respect our leaders. However, we are shocked that Mr Musenge has continued to show actions that are attacking the party leadership in a tabloid that has given him much attention. The continued coverage of Mr Musenge in a private tabloid is just meant to divide the party on the Copperbelt,” Chanda said.
“If Mr Musenge claims to be popular on the Copperbelt, he would have won the elections in Chimwemwe constituency for the party. We want to tell our youths not to be mislead by the fake youths who are claiming to be in support of Mr Musenge on the Copperbelt.”
Chanda charged that Musenge did nothing for the party when he held the provincial government office.
“We challenge him to tell us what he did for the PF youths and the ordinary youths on the Copperbelt when they were in big offices. What did Mr Musenge do when he was Copperbelt minister? There is no project that the youths benefited. If he means well for the party, he can’t be dividing us,” said Chanda.
“We therefore demand that he should distance himself from these statements which have put the name of the party into public ridicule and contempt.”
Earlier this month, PF Copperbelt chairman Stephen Kainga said the party was running out of patience with Musenge.
“As Copperbelt leadership, we will not condone people that want to go against the directives of the President. Mr Musenge should come out in the open and state whether he is with us or against us. Lately his conduct of attacking the party using the media is unbecoming,” said Kainga.
“As a province, we are running out of patience with members that want to ridicule the party. If some people are fed up, they are free to leave in peace than discrediting the party and President Lungu.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Govt insists on power tariff hike - 16 Sep 2019
- Lungu has proved commitment to GBV fight by sacking Siame – ActionAid - 15 Sep 2019
- Zambia’s power deficit reaches 700MW, reveals energy minister - 15 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it – Lungu - 14 Sep 2019
- Allow us to donate relief food where there’s need than giving DMMU – UPND - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (3,321 views)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (2,033 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (1,737 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,733 view)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (1,093 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend