- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Copperbelt PF rebukes Musenge for criticising LunguBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 May 2017
Copperbelt PF youth chairperson Nathan Chanda says former provincial minister Mwenya Musenge must come out in the open and declare that he is no longer in support of President Edgar Lungu’s administration.
Musenge has been critical of President Lungu’s government in the recent past, questioning how some government leaders had amassed so much wealth within a short period.
According The Mast newspaper, Musenge who is a member of the PF Central Committee, fears that the party has started too many battles.
“My heart is burning; we have started too many fights, first it was The Post and now it is Hakainde Hichilema,” The Mast quoted Musenge as saying.
He further claimed that President Lungu’s political adviser Kaizer Zulu called to threaten him for making negative statements about the ruling party.
“Kaizar Zulu, the political advisor to the President, phoned me on Monday night (Labour Day) at about 19:30 to be precise. He called me on his line 0977826222… He warned me against issuing statements in the press. Then he went further to say ‘I am warning you, you will be sorted out if you continue to make such utterances’,” Musenge is quoted as saying.
But the PF has put its foot down on Musenge, with Copperbelt officials saying they are running out of patience for people who were attacking President Lungu’s administration.
“As PF youths on the Copperbelt, we have decided not to attack Mr Musenge as a Member of the Central Committee, because we respect our leaders. However, we are shocked that Mr Musenge has continued to show actions that are attacking the party leadership in a tabloid that has given him much attention. The continued coverage of Mr Musenge in a private tabloid is just meant to divide the party on the Copperbelt,” Chanda said.
“If Mr Musenge claims to be popular on the Copperbelt, he would have won the elections in Chimwemwe constituency for the party. We want to tell our youths not to be mislead by the fake youths who are claiming to be in support of Mr Musenge on the Copperbelt.”
Chanda charged that Musenge did nothing for the party when he held the provincial government office.
“We challenge him to tell us what he did for the PF youths and the ordinary youths on the Copperbelt when they were in big offices. What did Mr Musenge do when he was Copperbelt minister? There is no project that the youths benefited. If he means well for the party, he can’t be dividing us,” said Chanda.
“We therefore demand that he should distance himself from these statements which have put the name of the party into public ridicule and contempt.”
Earlier this month, PF Copperbelt chairman Stephen Kainga said the party was running out of patience with Musenge.
“As Copperbelt leadership, we will not condone people that want to go against the directives of the President. Mr Musenge should come out in the open and state whether he is with us or against us. Lately his conduct of attacking the party using the media is unbecoming,” said Kainga.
“As a province, we are running out of patience with members that want to ridicule the party. If some people are fed up, they are free to leave in peace than discrediting the party and President Lungu.”
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Chisamba woman kills step daughter, buries her at home - 17 Oct 2017
- ACC must publish findings on Kambwili – Mwila - 17 Oct 2017
- UPND demands formal invitation for HH to attend prayer day - 16 Oct 2017
- US Embassy give $55,000 grant to 6 Zambian communities - 16 Oct 2017
- Chiefs must help heal Zambia, not aggravate division – Shakumbila - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend