by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Mwamba takes on foreign media to save Zambia’s imageBy Joseph Mwenda on 27 May 2017
In this audio excerpt from South Africa’s Radio 702FM, Zambia’s High Commissioner Emmanuel Mwamba takes a grilling as he answers complicated questions about Hakainde Hichilema’s treason case and the country’s decision to deport DA leader Mmusi Maimane.
He argues that international media was trivialising Hichilema’s treason case by basing it on the Presidential motorcade incident in Mongu.
When the interviewer asks him how a parking violation could amount to treason in Zambia, Mwamba explains that the treason charge against Hichilema was based on events dating back to October 2016.
The interviewer then asks Mwamba if the Zambian judiciary was so fragile that allowing one foreign person into the country to witness trial could affect the court’s decisions.
Defending the government’s approach not to let Maimane step out of the plane, Mwamba explained that it was common practice for immigration authorities across the world to enter an arriving airplane to send back an unwanted passenger, adding that it was also happening even in South Africa.
But the interviewer argues with Mwamba that South African authorities never enter a foreign aircraft to deport people, but instead waits for the passenger to proceed to the immigration desk where they are denied an entry Visa.
Take a listen:
Earlier yesterday, Mwamba addressed international media at his office, explaining why Maimane was not allowed in Zambia.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Auditor General must zero in on Presidential trips – TIZ - 19 Mar 2018
- Dickson Jere explains record high ZIALE pass rate - 18 Mar 2018
- Pick n Pay withdraws polony from stores after listeriosis outbreak in SA - 4 Mar 2018
- Police grab cellphones from MSL staff in pilferage probe - 2 Mar 2018
- Mwanakatwe marshals her team, wants civil servants salaries on time - 21 Feb 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend