- by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 8 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 7 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 7 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 5 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Reporter on 4 Dec 2017by Laura Miti on 24 Nov 2017by The Washington Post on 16 Nov 2017by Times of Zambia employees on 15 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017by Joseph Mwenya on 28 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
PF sponsored youths block Nevers from speaking on RadioBy Joseph Mwenda on 6 Jul 2017
PF sponsored MMD youths led by Gerald Chiluba and former ZANASU vice president Prince Ndoyi, blocked party president Nevers Mumba from appearing on a live radio program at 5FM.
Mumba was scheduled to appear on the ‘Burning Issue’ radio programme on 5FM this morning, but when he arrived at the radio station, he found youths who blocked him from going ahead.
Chiluba told News Diggers! that Mumba was going to escalate the view that President Edgar Lungu had become a dictator, a view that he said would paint the country as a dictatorship in the eyes of the international community.
He added that his team had a problem with Mumba’s continued featuring on Radio Stations in the capacity of MMD president.
“Just yesterday, we witnessed an address from the President where he was emphasizing on the need for us to be patriotic, on the need for us to be morally upright because such kind of behavior by Dr Nevers Mumba should not be tolerated. We don’t have a problem of allowing Dr Mumba to feature on media as the former vice president and also as the former MMD president, but what we have is the problem of his continued appearing on the media as president of the MMD which is totally against what the laws of this country stipulate,” said Chiluba.
When contacted, Mumba said the youth were from the PF and not from the MMD.
“Those who are their do not represent the spirit of the MMD and they do not represent my spirit as president of the MMD, they do not represent democracy at all and that is number one. Number two you need to call the police because this is in a state of emergency that no one should provoke any unnecessary situation which might lead to the disturbance of peace and even loss of peace. So please make sure you inform the police and let them know that there are some PF people outside that have come to disturb the peace that we are suppose to enjoy as a country,” said Mumba.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Consent order between judge Nkonde and State is criminal – Changala - 9 Dec 2017
- More youths demand Mwila’s removal as Kamba defends PF boss - 6 Dec 2017
- Vivo Energy buys Engen Holdings - 5 Dec 2017
- Lungu’s remarks may influence ConCourt ruling – LAZ - 5 Dec 2017
- Refugee aid dries up as more flee DRC for Zambia - 1 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend