- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
PF sponsored youths block Nevers from speaking on RadioBy Joseph Mwenda on 6 Jul 2017
PF sponsored MMD youths led by Gerald Chiluba and former ZANASU vice president Prince Ndoyi, blocked party president Nevers Mumba from appearing on a live radio program at 5FM.
Mumba was scheduled to appear on the ‘Burning Issue’ radio programme on 5FM this morning, but when he arrived at the radio station, he found youths who blocked him from going ahead.
Chiluba told News Diggers! that Mumba was going to escalate the view that President Edgar Lungu had become a dictator, a view that he said would paint the country as a dictatorship in the eyes of the international community.
He added that his team had a problem with Mumba’s continued featuring on Radio Stations in the capacity of MMD president.
“Just yesterday, we witnessed an address from the President where he was emphasizing on the need for us to be patriotic, on the need for us to be morally upright because such kind of behavior by Dr Nevers Mumba should not be tolerated. We don’t have a problem of allowing Dr Mumba to feature on media as the former vice president and also as the former MMD president, but what we have is the problem of his continued appearing on the media as president of the MMD which is totally against what the laws of this country stipulate,” said Chiluba.
When contacted, Mumba said the youth were from the PF and not from the MMD.
“Those who are their do not represent the spirit of the MMD and they do not represent my spirit as president of the MMD, they do not represent democracy at all and that is number one. Number two you need to call the police because this is in a state of emergency that no one should provoke any unnecessary situation which might lead to the disturbance of peace and even loss of peace. So please make sure you inform the police and let them know that there are some PF people outside that have come to disturb the peace that we are suppose to enjoy as a country,” said Mumba.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
- Police arrest 17 for burning Mufumbwe police station - 15 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend