- by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017by Anastasia Kasongo on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
HH’s issue is about failing to accept election defeat – LunguBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 5 Aug 2017
In this audio, President Edgar Lungu says UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema’s issue is about accepting or refusing the election results.
Responding to questions from South African journalists who wanted to know what the country’s security situation was during a tour of some stands at the 91st Agriculture and Commercial show today, President Lungu challenged HH to produce evidence that he won the polls.
“He is a suspect like any other suspect. The courts of law are there to deal with the matter. I don’t know why people are driving the story, so I can let you in, President Obasanjo has just gone to Kabwe to see this gentleman and he told me ‘I will just go and tell him that just accept the results, why are you wasting time’ because you see for me, it is just about accepting the results or not. He hasn’t accepted the results but he hasn’t told anyone why. I have seen the results, we had SADC, COMESA, we had the AU, we had the EU, we had the Commonwealth, everybody who cared came to see our elections and I won. He went to court and he had no evidence. Now can you ask him you as media to tell you where is his evidence so that you hear him, and if he convinces you, you tell me, then I will also hear him,” President Lungu said.
And he said the situation in Zambia was normal.
“The political situation is Zambia is normal and I have been told the situation in Zambia is bad. But you guys are the people who can tell the story from what you have seen. If there is anything you have seen, ask me and I will explain. That is the situation, the situation you have seen is the normal situation. People are going around, trading, enjoying life, worshiping and doing whatever they do ordinarily. But people are telling me that the situation in Zambia, tell me what the situation in Zambia is, you have been here,” said President Lungu.
Take a listen:
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube is a Zambian journalist with a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- We need to reduce our appetite for borrowing – Mutati - 21 Oct 2017
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi’s jersey at Day of Prayer - 19 Oct 2017
- Pastors pray for Lungu: “The President shouldn’t die” - 18 Oct 2017
- Opposition shuns National Day of Prayer - 18 Oct 2017
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu - 18 Oct 2017
You may also like...
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend