- by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
SABC angers PF for naming President Lungu “Jonathan”By Joseph Mwenda on 8 Aug 2017
The South African National Broadcasting (SABC) has angered the Zambian ruling Patriotic Front after that country’s national broadcaster named President Edgar Lungu “Jonathan” in one of its stories.
Zambia invited South Africa’s President Jacob Zuma to officiate at the Agriculture and Commercial show, but it was the wrong caption that stole the limelight, creating a tiff between PF and SABC.
“The ‘mistake’ by South African Broadcasting Corporation with regards to captioning the President of Zambia as “JONATHAN Lungu” is not only regrettable, malicious and insulting to the Presidency and the country at large, but also deserves an unreserved apology from the media house,” PF Secretary General Davies Mwila was quoted as saying.
PF media director Sunday Chanda said Mwila described the act as unprofessional, malicious and insulting.
“‘Jonathan Lungu?’ Like really? This is the same media house that the Zambian Government did give permission to cover LIVE the inauguration of His Excellency President Edgar Lungu. As a Party, we feel that the actions of SABC were nothing but antagonistic with intent to malign. SABC like any other media house worth it’s salt in the region must have names of Presidents on their fingertips. Inasmuch as mistakes do happen, the bare minimum expected from SABC is an equivocal apology, ” said Mwila.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
- Political Parties Bill not democratic – Antonio - 11 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend