by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
Gawa invites HH to Kulamba ceremonyBy Mirriam Chabala on 25 Aug 2017[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
Paramount chief Gawa Undi of the Chewa people of Zambia’s Eastern Province, Malawi and Mozambique, has invited UPND leader Hakainde Hichilema to attend the 2017 traditional ceremony.
Confirming the invitation in an interview, UPND spokesperson Charles Kakoma said Hichilema had received the official invitation, but declined to confirm if and when the opposition leader would travel.
“He has been officially invited but we can not yet confirm his attendance because it becomes difficult when the PF starts to put conditions to the Royal Highness’ invitation. HH is being invited by nearly every traditional ceremony, and he is a free citizen to attend, so is Chishimba Kambwili or any other citizen,” said Kakoma.
“There attendance at any traditional ceremony is not aimed at causing confusion but just to appreciate other cultures. So we don’t understand the PF worry and why they are panicking. If HH is applauded and they are booed, it’s because of their own governance and conduct. For our President, attending the traditional ceremony would be a way of relaxing. He can enjoy some form of tourism, but we need to look at security concerns also because this government doesn’t seem to be comfortable being with HH at same function.”
The climax of the Kulamba ceremony is tomorrow August 26, but it has been ongoing since Wednesday.
About Mirriam Chabala
Mirriam covers current affairs and writes in-depth feature articles on social issues.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika - 22 Jul 2019
- Police quick to arrest Lubinda’s attackers but failing to find Kasongo’s killers – NDC - 19 Jul 2019
- Govt will administer conventional FISP alongside e-voucher to address climate change – Katambo - 19 Jul 2019
- Nothing wrong with selling KCM to Chinese – Negotiating team - 18 Jul 2019
- ZCCB seeks alternative route for “genuine” reconciliation - 18 Jul 2019
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba
- Court’s decision not to oust Kambwili leaves NDC in awkward position – Musenge
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika
- Even RB was more reasonable than Lungu – Kambwili
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU
Subscribe for email alerts