- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 12 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Namugala scolds MPs in the habit of going to Parley just to earn allowancesBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 12 Oct 2017
First Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly Catherine Namugala says members of parliament who are in a habit of going to the House just to log in, get their allowances and leave must think of the poor people who voted for them.
She was responding to Mafinga PF member of parliament Jacob Siwale who rose on a point of procedure today, wanting to know if it was in order for his Roan counterpart Chishimba Kambwili to just go in the House, log in and then go immediately after being paid.
“Madam, is it procedure for the honorable member of Roan to come to this honorable House, every time, he just comes to log in, get paid and off he goes, I need your serious ruling,” said Siwale.
But Namugala generalized her response saying she was aware that there were others who were in the habit of leaving shortly after logging in.
“The position of the chair is that, firstly, the chair has not been focusing on one member of the House and therefore the chair cannot rule out that other members in this House probably don’t spend all the time in the House. I’m aware that many members of the House do come in, log in and go. Some come back others don’t. In that regard, therefore, I would love to offer counsel to all members of parliament that we have the responsibility to the people that elected us and they pay us to do the work that we do. I therefore urge members of parliament from both sides to put in an honest day’s work to earn the trust of the people that have sent us here,” said Namugala.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- National Day of Prayer a curse – Nevers - 18 Oct 2017
- Lungu’s violence jokes can bring harm – NAREP - 17 Oct 2017
- LAZ backs Laura: fire tenders protesters deserve answers - 16 Oct 2017
- PF claims 70 UPND defections to the ruling party - 16 Oct 2017
- UPND notifies police of HH rally in Kanyama - 15 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend