- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
I’m President Lungu’s number one bootlicker – LusamboBy William Chileshe on 26 Nov 2017
If President Lungu says dance, I will dance; jump, I will jump because I am bootlicker number one for the Head of State, says Copperbelt minister Bowman Lusambo.
And Lusambo says President Lungu does not sleep in State House because he is busy working.
Speaking at the PF interactive forum at Protea hotel in Ndola today, Lusambo who is behind the worship phrase “great leader of this great country” for President Lungu said there was nothing wrong with bootlicking the Head of State.
“I have heard a lot of people say bootlicker, bootlicker! Yes, I am the number one. Number one bootlicker. I am now the number one bootlicker for President Edgar Chagwa Lungu,” Lusambo said.
“If he tells me to dance, I will dance. If he tells me to go this way I will go. If he tells me to jump, I do.”
He said bootlicking indicated loyalty.
“The only medicine in politics is loyalty. For me, I will remain loyal to President Edgar Lungu. That is what politics is about. Loyalty is politics. So we will remain loyal to the President,” he said.
And Lusambo said President Lungu does not sleep because he is busy working for the people.
He then mocked PF breakaway NDC party leader Chishimba Kambwili, saying people on the Copperbelt should look out for the new comedian.
“We have a gentleman here on the Copperbelt by the name of Chishimba Kambwili. That gentleman is making empty noise. If it’s true that he is popular, we could have seen activities because he is in Luanshya. He has failed to penetrate the Copperbelt. We need the drama of Kambwili in politics. We need him to entertain us,” Lusambo said.
“President Lungu is a hard worker. Instead of taking President Edgar Lungu to watch a movie for entertainment, we have a comedian Kambwili. We are enjoying his drama. People are enjoying his drama.”
He however warned that Kambwili should not abuse the police permits bu insulting President Lungu.
“When we give him permits, he insults President Lungu and me. I want to assure Kambwili that am the Copperbelt minister confirmed and signed. So ba Kambwili, am minister. Ba Kambwili, ifwe kuno (us here) as Copperbelt will not tolerate lawlessness. Am talking as minister,” said Lusambo.
“We have political history. They call me die-hard, not for nothing, that is history. But for Kambwili he has no political history. So he should not be making noise here on the Copperbelt. He should conduct himself in a better way.
As Copperbelt we are strong and intact. If elections were to be called today, Edgar Lungu will win because we don’t have opposition but jokers.”Related ItemsHeadlines
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,132 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,851 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (941 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (896 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (881 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend