by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu must not support crooks who want to weaken FIC – PePBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 28 Nov 2017
Patriots for Economic Progress leader Sean Tembo says unless President Edgar Lungu stands to benefit from a weakened Financial Intelligence Centre, he must not support crooks that want to oust FIC Director General Mary Chirwa Tshuma.
In a statement yesterday, Tembo stated that criminals should not be allowed to cripple the FIC.
“As Patriots for Economic Progress, we are concerned with reports that senior officers and directors of FIC are being intimidated by certain unscrupulous individuals that are connected to high offices in government. This is because of the work that FIC is doing to identify and flag corrupt and irregular transactions in the economy, as reported by the director general of FIC at a press briefing last week. It has also come to our attention that these same unscrupulous and shady characters are now focused on undermining the credibility and good standing of the FIC so as to cripple the institution. The crooks want to go about their crooked ways with impunity, without any worry that an effective institution is monitoring their activities,” Tembo stated.
“Specifically, PeP is aware that there is a small clique of crooked individuals that are planning to have the director general of the Financial Intelligence Centre removed, by cooking up unsubstantiated charges against her. We wish to take this opportunity to advise the Republican President, Mr Edgar Chagwa Lungu not to support the machinations of crooks that want to push out the FIC Director General. Unless of course the President himself is telling us that he is one of the people that stand to benefit from a weak and crippled Financial Intelligence Centre.”
Tembo encouraged FIC officials to remain strong saying PeP was standing in solidarity with them.
“As Patriots for Economic Progress, we further wish to take this opportunity to send a message of solidarity to the Board, Management and Staff of the Financial Intelligence Centre for their unwavering dedication to duty, bravery from dark forces and patriotism to the nation. Please, be rest assured that you have the full support of the upright citizens of this Republic. To those crooks that think their alignment to high offices in government makes them invisible, our message is short and simple; nothing lasts forever!” stated Tembo.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (4,923 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,276 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (1,667 view)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (1,564 view)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,298 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend