- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Ndola DC defends AVIC, warns NDC youths against protestsBy Daniel Chansa on 26 Jul 2018
Ndola District Commissioner George Chisulo has warned NDC youth chairman Charles Kabwita that he will be dealt with if he goes ahead to lead protests against AVIC International in that town.
In a statement, Chisulo asked the NDC to stay away from AVIC International, saying the Chinese firm was merely doing business with government.
“I am warning Mr Charles Kabwita to stay away from AVIC International. This notion of the opposition alleging whatever government officers do during the tour of duty as corruption should not be entertained. Stop it because as Ndola District Commissioner, I will not allow people to disrupt the smooth running of the project. Mind you this contract has its contract duration, so any disruption of any kind I shall not allow it. Police will take charge of any disturbance of any kind from the opposition, take this as a warning,” Chisulo warned.
He vowed that he would not allow people from other towns to take confusion to Ndola.
“NDC should heed Copperbelt Police Commissioner Mrs Charity Katanga’s warning of not going ahead with their planned illegal protest against AVIC International. NDC should know that this business between the government of China and the government of Zambia. As District Commissioner for Ndola, I will not allow people from other areas to bring confusion in Ndola,” stated Chisulo.
“I will make sure that my district command deals with people who want to bring problems where there is no problem. As government, we are doing everything possible to make sure that the local contractors get their share of 20 per cent.”
But Kabwita insisted that the protests would go ahead on August 3, 2018.
“The protests will go on as planned. On August 3, no going back,” said Kabwita.
The National Democratic Congress has announced countrywide protests against AVIC, branding it a conduit for corruption.Related Items
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,132 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,851 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (941 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (896 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (881 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend