by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
IMF withdraws its representative from ZambiaBy Diggers Reporter on 24 Aug 2018[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
The International Monetary Fund has withdrawn its representative in Zambia, Alfredo Baldini, former communications advisor Chibamba Kanyama has revealed.
According to a tweet by Kanyama, an economist and Bridges Limited CEO, the IMF is unlikely to send a replacement anytime soon.
“IMF has withdrawn its representative in Zambia, Alfredo Baldini and does not plan to have a replacement any time soon. This happened to Ethiopia/Zim but under rate circumstances. What message is IMF sending cz ResRep not here for program only?” twitted Kanyama.
And Kanyama added that Eurobond owners must forget about a bailout package from the IMF to Zambia, saying there was no hope left.
“I pity the Eurobond holders who still believe that IMF programme for Zambia is still on. This level of optimism is like that of helpless congregants who still believe their bishop will come back from the morgue,” he stated.
But Chief Government Spokesperson Dora Siliya says Baldini’s replacement will be in the country soon.
“The IMF is in Zambia for various Progs and is not leaving. However, Mr Alfredo Baldini is leaving Zambia. His replacement will be here soon. Hon. Mwanakatwe will issue a detailed statement over the weekend. As such the circulating tweet must be ignored,” Tweeted Siliya a few minutes ago.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Inviting gay people means we’re slowly accepting a crime – Sumaili - 30 Jun 2019
- Sikota opposes electoral law reforms - 28 Jun 2019
- Lungu appoints Isaac Chipampe as new press aide - 13 Jun 2019
- We must change the law to stop FIC from spreading their gossip reports – Lungu - 6 Jun 2019
- Woman sustains serious burns in road accident - 22 May 2019
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba
- Court’s decision not to oust Kambwili leaves NDC in awkward position – Musenge
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika
- Even RB was more reasonable than Lungu – Kambwili
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU
Subscribe for email alerts