- by Julia Malunga on 20 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 19 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Aug 2019
- by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 17 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 16 Aug 2019
- by Julia Malunga on 19 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Aug 2019by Daniel Chansa on 16 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
People are jealous because Lungu is succeeding as President – ChitotelaBy Thomas Mulenga on 15 Jan 2019
Minister of Infrastructure Development Ronald Chitotela says those who are alleging that PF is corrupt are just jealous because they thought President Edgar Lungu would not succeed as Head of State after they left the ruling party.
And Chitotela says it is normal to expect attacks both from within and outside government because his ministry is very political.
Speaking at a PF interactive forum, Sunday, Chitotela boasted that President Lungu had scored massively in terms of delivering development.
“President Lungu has not even served four years as president but he has scored massively in terms of development, particularly in infrastructure development. In four years if it’s a child, you will find that the child is not even able to talk properly or walk, but look at what President Lungu has done. We currently have more 2000 projects that are being worked on across the country, these are at different levels. So those who are not happy with the success of the PF are using all means to frustrate us by alleging that there is corruption in government. These who are going out of PF are just having sheer jealous because they thought President Lungu would not make it as President, then he made it and succeeded. Some of them were our cabinet colleagues, they know the processes with contracts. But what they have decided is to start spreading lies to create tension among the Zambian people so that the Zambian people can lose confidence in us, but we are determined to continue with the good works. They are not happy with the many projects we are carrying out so they want to bring us down,” Chitotela said.
He wondered whether citizens expected ministers to move without waist belts in order to avoid corruption accusations.
“There is this perception that has been created to malign the PF as a corrupt government run by corrupt people…I have been asking, today Sunday Chanda is not MP, he is able to build a house and buy a car,if he becomes MP and builds a house or buys a car, he is corrupt. Unless them, they can build houses and buy cars, they claim they have got 500 houses both local and abroad, and it’s ok. If Sunday Chanda buys a car, he is corrupt, if Kaizer drives a nice car, he is corrupt, if Chitotela buys a new shoe, he is corrupt, where people even go to an extent of photographing a belt of a minster and say see what belt he is wearing, so when you are minister you should be walking with a trousers without a belt?” Chitotela wondered.
And Chitotela said it was normal for his ministry to be fought from all angles.
“This ministry is very political and I know it is normal to expect fights from within and from outside,” said Chitotela.
“And for us to have succeeded in the manner we have, it’s because of President Lungu. He is a champion of development. He always tells me that let’s work for Zambians. I work hard because I know my appointing authority wants me to deliver. I am a human being, sometimes I can make mistakes like all other human beings but I can’t do anything deliberately to frustrate the development of this country.”
About Thomas Mulenga
Thomas Mulenga has a special interest in political news, current affairs, community and education news.
- Registrar of Societies playing foolish politics – NAREP - 31 May 2019
- Lungu committed to delivering health care services – Chilufya - 31 May 2019
- Austerity measures a sham – Kambwili - 31 May 2019
- NAREP opposes cancellation of agricultural shows in 3 provinces - 30 May 2019
- Kang’ombe’s victory in Sesheke petition a lesson to PF – UPND - 30 May 2019
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,132 views)
- Lungu is in gear 5 of 2021 campaigns (1,851 view)
- Mercury Security Services sues Lusaka lawyer over K2m fees (941 views)
- UPND reports GBM to police for 'tribal hatred' (896 views)
- Only a miracle can stop kwacha’s depreciation – Hamaundu (881 views)
- Lungu must urgently declare hunger crisis, insists HH
- We’re a hungry nation because we insist that maize is our staple food
- The corrupt are evil, we must not glorify those who steal from us – Musa
- We can give mine licenses to Zambians, but we also need foreign investors – Musukwa
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up – Nkombo
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
- Don’t tell us what to do, if you see hunger, just donate, Lungu responds to British Envoy
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend