by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
PF, UPND cadres clash at Sesheke policeBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Feb 2019[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
Police in Sesheke have arrested two UPND cadres for being in possession of offensive weapons while six PF cadres have sustained injuries and are admitted to the district hospital after clashes between the two camps.
Police Spokesperson Esther Katongo has narrated in a statement that this was as a result of the violence which began after a UPND cadre was caught by some PF cadre with a voter register, Tuesday, around 07:30 hours.
Katongo stated that the UPND suspect was then dragged to Sesheke Police Station where his party supports followed with a view to rescue him and in the process clashed with the rival PF group.
“When word went round that a UPND Cadre had been dragged to the Police, a group of UPND supporters went to the Police Station with a view of rescuing their colleague who had been dragged to Police and that was when the two camps, the PF and UPND clashed right at the Police Station and confusion ensued. Police moved in to disperse the unruly cadres from both UPND and PF and in the process, some PF cadres dashed to Sesheke Council Guest house where they were pursued by Police,” stated Katongo.
And Katongo has stated that investigations into what transpired at the guest house have been instituted.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU - 22 Jul 2019
- UPND not in a hurry to fill Veep position – Katuka - 22 Jul 2019
- Institute of Architects probes Woodlands accident - 22 Jul 2019
- Zambia will pay billions to Vedanta just like DRC, Pakistan, warns Sishuwa - 21 Jul 2019
- Police warn, caution Muvi TV journalist - 19 Jul 2019
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba
- Court’s decision not to oust Kambwili leaves NDC in awkward position – Musenge
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika
- Even RB was more reasonable than Lungu – Kambwili
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU
Subscribe for email alerts