by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
UPND should realise Zambia is beyond HH – Chama South MPBy Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Mar 2019
The UPND must realise that Zambia is beyond its leader Hakainde Hichilema, says Chama South PF member of parliament Davison Mung’andu.
Speaking in parliament, Friday, when he debated on President Edgar Lungu’s speech on the application of national values, principles and ethics, Mung’andu said there was a lot of un-patriotism within the UPND general membership.
“Patriotism and morality; if, indeed, you want one day, God forbid, to come and rule this country, you have to realise that Zambia is beyond you, Hakainde Hichilema, just as we in Patriotic Front know that this country is beyond His Excellency the President Edgar Chagwa Lungu. We have all acknowledged that on our side [and] that is the reason President Edgar Lungu finds time to consult with us. I doubt if that is happening on your side through the exhibition of what you are indicating that you don’t find anything wrong to criticise your country internationally,” Mung’andu argued.
He accused Hichilema of being unpatriotic whenever he spoke about Zambia in a foreign country.
“What morality is there for a leader, for example, to go to criticise his own country at a club in Europe? What ethics are there to criticise your own country? We are talking about morality and ethics here! Will those foreigners come and vote for you? Are you going to better the lives of the people in Europe or Zambians? That is the worst form of un-patriotism. Madam Speaker, if you look at this country, we are supposed to be united,” Mung’andu complained.
And he blamed the UPND for the rising political violence because it only occurred in areas the opposition party claimed to be their strongholds.
“His Excellency had mentioned it, but this unity is being threatened by the UPND! I will give very practical examples, he mentioned about the violence, which political party initiated what is called the Matizya formula? It is UPND. Look at the patterns of violence where UPND is involved, that is where violence is! And this violence, particularly when it comes to their perceived strongholds and I will be appealing to the people who have made UPND to behave that way to say that this political party is not taking you anywhere because ethically and morally, they are not ready to govern this country,” insisted Mung’andu.
About Sipilisiwe Ncube
Sipilisiwe Ncube has a background in radio news.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister - 17 Sep 2019
- Govt insists on power tariff hike - 16 Sep 2019
- Lungu has proved commitment to GBV fight by sacking Siame – ActionAid - 15 Sep 2019
- Zambia’s power deficit reaches 700MW, reveals energy minister - 15 Sep 2019
- If you don’t want to refine our constitution, we will refine it – Lungu - 14 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,778 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,954 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,636 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,246 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,201 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend